Here Is 10 Minutes of RAGE 2 Gameplay

Discussion in 'HardForum Tech News' started by cageymaru, Feb 12, 2019.

1. cageymaru

cageymaru [H]ard as it Gets

Bethesda Softworks has released a new Rage 2 trailer featuring 10 minutes of gameplay. The trailer focuses on gun play, explosions, dismemberment, and showcases a few of the varied open world environments found in the game. The post apocalyptic FPS launches onto PC and consoles on May 14th, 2019.

A lethal dance-off for a sweet new ability, a high-flying trip over a hostile open world, a fight against a very angry man in a mech suit... RAGE 2 has it all in this brand new extended gameplay video. Don't miss the ending for a sneak peek at what's coming next! RAGE 2 will be available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC on May 14, 2019. Pre-order to receive the exclusive Cult of the Death God mission and don Nicholas Raine's legendary armor and Settler Pistol. The RAGE 2 Collector's Edition is also available for pre-order.

2. HorseproofBacon

HorseproofBacon Limp Gawd

I think I was one of maybe three people that actually liked Rage (though I never finished it). I may pick this up when it goes on sale (assuming it will release at a $40+ price point). If it releases at $30, I may buy it day one.

3. dgz

dgz [H]ardness Supreme

wow. I am kind of split on this one. Some of the mechanics make no sense to me but the whole thing seems really fluid and fun to play. But again, some of the things I saw repeatedly make no sense at all. Throwing these little black holes does... everything? I don't get it but looks pretty good. Most shooters released over the last ~14 years tried to tie my hands because consoles and new players. This one goes in the exact opposite direction. Maybe it goes too far, maybe it doesn't. Not going to bite at 60, that's for sure. It's not an id game.

4. Maddness

Maddness [H]ard|Gawd

I'm also one of the few that enjoyed it, and i even managed to finish it. I will get this one for sure. 2019 is going to be a good year for gaming and could be a truly great one if we end up Cyberpunk.

Lateralus, SamuelL421 and SomeoneElse like this.
  5. Youn

Youn [H]ardness Supreme

looks cool... I liked Rage alright overall, environment design/art and gunplay mostly... the lack of a big end boss was the worst part, but that last level was cool nonetheless...

with Rage 2 it looks like the devs are a bit more relaxed this time around, throwing more stuff at it and taking lessons learned from Doom... I hope it does well.

no pre-order from me, like with any game... will see if [H]ardocp (or another good reviewer) cries about wasting their money first...

6. Flogger23m

Flogger23m [H]ardForum Junkie

Looks good, but I preferred the art style of the previous game. Last one was okay but needed more work for sure. Not liking the Borderlands look or feel here but outside of that, it looks pretty good. And four posts in and no whining about how this won't be on Steam? Impressive.

Maddness likes this.
  7. KarVi71

KarVi71 n00b

I really liked Rage too, and finished the game (and have played it a few times since release). I didn't understand its bad reputation.

I will probably get this new version, just to see if I enjoy it as much.

8. ThreeDee

ThreeDee [H]ardForum Junkie

call me one of the few, but I enjoyed the first one .. I'll give this ago after its been out awhile (read ... Cheeeeeeeeeap)

Maddness likes this.
  9. PenGunn

PenGunn Limp Gawd

Its id's version of COD. Fill yer boots.

10. MrE

MrE 2[H]4U

To me it has a very Borderlands feel to it. Too bad no co-op for the story missions. Still going to pick this one up when released.

kirbyrj and Disco_Stu_04 like this.
  11. iRevert

iRevert Limp Gawd

Can we just appreciate for a second that they released this with someone who wasn't playing on the lowest sensitivity, wasn't doing slow pans to show off stupid stuff that no one cares about, and actually could aim?

mkk, ChoGGi and KazeoHin like this.
  12. LBJM

LBJM Limp Gawd

No steam no buy... I've been avoiding getting a Bethesda.net account... Just like I avoid EA I will do the same to Bethesda.

13. magoo

magoo [H]ardForum Junkie

Borderlands 4

Comixbooks and steakman1971 like this.
  14. Burticus

Burticus [H]ardness Supreme

People who paid real money for Rage should get this for free.

15. Disco_Stu_04

Disco_Stu_04 Limp Gawd

This would have been a fantastic co-op game. Total bummer

Rahh and Krenum like this.
  16. bigddybn

bigddybn [H]ardness Supreme

Watched about half of it. I didn't play (or care about) the first one but the gunplay here looks solid. Good pacing. I like a nice punchy shotgun and this seems to deliver. Even the sound of the auto rifle seemed like it would be nice over some bassy headphones. Wish the video showed the HUD which would also help explain the black balls of win (registered trademark me) but overall it looks like a good time. Hope it doesn't get too repetitive though.

17. Krenum

Krenum [H]ardForum Junkie

Yep, waiting for Borderlands 3

18. nubbin77

nubbin77 Limp Gawd

I liked rage also ... except right when it really seemed like it was about to get even better... it was over. It ended so abruptly it made no sense. But up to that point I really liked it. (then again, I paid very little for it).

Maddness likes this.
  19. djoye

djoye 2[H]4U

Hope this eventually shows up on Steam.

20. SomeFknGuy

SomeFknGuy [H]ard|Gawd

Who else heard the AI's voice as Failsafe from Destiny 2

21. TangledThornz

TangledThornz Gawd

This is one of those games that I thought was already out, lol.

22. sleepeeg3

sleepeeg3 [H]ardness Supreme

Looks like a hybrid of about a dozen games. Borderlands, Old Republic, Fortnite, UT, Quake, BF, Halo, Portal, etc. Actually looks fun for a pure shooter. Too bad I'm too old for this sh*t.

23. iamjanco

iamjanco Limp Gawd

Ok, that was 10 minutes of my life I don't need to get back again :)

Looking forward to its release.

24. Derangel

Derangel [H]ard as it Gets

Not sure what it is exactly, but something about this game has felt off to me since the reveal. It never managed to grab me and gameplay from it leaves me feeling a bit "meh" even with all the explosions and stuff going on. I don't want to say its generic, but that really is the feel I get from it. I hope to be wrong, but I'm not expecting much from the game.

25. DeeFrag

DeeFrag [H]ardness Supreme

Rage was Kyle's favorite game of all time, wasn't it?

FrgMstr and Youn like this.
  26. Dekoth-E-

Dekoth-E- [H]ardness Supreme

Looks interesting..now it just boils down to the question of what kind of stupid hoops do they want me to jump through to play it.

27. steakman1971

steakman1971 2[H]4U

I have Rage. Never played it yet - its in my Steam backlog. Might give it a try soon.
    I thought the video looked pretty cool - some of the weapons were over the top. I might pick this one up in a future price drop - I don't buy games full price. I pick them up after they are on sale and have bugs fixed.

28. ScuNioN

ScuNioN [H]Lite

Not my type of single player FPS now but damn it sure does look fresh and enjoyable.

29. arestavo

arestavo [H]ard|Gawd

Meh. Looks like Crysis/Doom gameplay to me, with some Rage elements thrown in. Not all that interested.

30. M76

M76 [H]ardForum Junkie

May-14? I Thought this was coming in February, damn. Might have to get into new dawn to pad the wait after all.

31. TheOne&OnlyZeke

TheOne&OnlyZeke 100% Irish

It looks good...did anyone else though think the AI was dumb as fuck
    I felt there was no real challenge there for whoever was playing it.

PrkChpXprss and Maddness like this.
  32. pek

pek prairie dog

I liked the original rage, I found the mini-bosses at the end kind of abrupt, too. I hope there's an option to display a HUD for status of your equipment, otherwise I'll pass on this iteration of Rage. The vat's-like zeroing in of parts of the mech suite looked pretty good, too. Some of the parts looked odd, but maybe it was a cut scene instead of actual game play while he was flying over the vehicles going to the mech place.

33. MBTP

MBTP n00b

I'm quite sure that this clip was running at consoles or lower settings than ultra on a PC, the LOD was really distracting while traversing, anyway looks doom mixed with mad max, really awesome gameplay! The only perk is that is bethesda store exclusive, i wanted it on steam, but i think this is acceptable since is their own game.

34. Westwood Arrakis

Westwood Arrakis [H]ard|Gawd

Yep. That was painful. Whole lotta I'm too young to die going on there.

FrgMstr and Rahh like this.
  35. Rahh

Rahh [H]ard|Gawd

Needs Co-OP and better AI. Not going to purchase @ $60.

36. power666

power666 [H]Lite

Feels kinda weird that we're getting both a new Rage and Doom game in the same year. The first Rage one looked great but the game itself was relatively forgettable. I don't think Rage 2 will be bad but it'll be over shadowed. Doom 2016 on the other hand has me wanting more, lots more. Doom Eternal looks like it'll be Doom 2016 cranked up a notch.

37. Wolf-R1

Wolf-R1 [H]ard|Gawd

Seems fun. Imma keep mah eye on it.
    And why don't they just say "Alpha"? Isn't that what "Pre-Beta" is? Or are we mincing concepts now?

38. STrooperTK421

STrooperTK421 Limp Gawd

Oh I'm so ALL OVER this game. I liked the 1st one, it wasn't bad...I mean, I've played and enjoyed much worse. This one though...it has the Mad Max feel except its FPS and it's Rage, FUCK YEAH!

39. gunbust3r

gunbust3r Gawd

The writing is giving me pause:

fights way into "ark", "This ark is FULLL of great gear" walks out with one skill upgrade and no new guns/ammo.

Maddness likes this.
  40. pek

pek prairie dog

The rest of the loot will cost you.....

FrgMstr likes this.