Here are AMD's Radeon VII Benchmarks

For real? Guess the whole "navi will have a halo level variant GPU" is nothing more than a pipe dream.
wccf has something on a 7nm rx3080 Navi.

"With that being said, the RX 3080 will allegedly feature the company’s upcoming Navi 10 GPU built on TSMC’s 7nm FinFET process paired with 8GB of GDDR6 RAM. With a TDP rating of 150W and a price tag of $249, the RX 3080 occupies the mid-range sweet-spot that we’ve seen gamers overwhelmingly gravitate toward every generation"

Graphics Card GPU VRAM TDP Performance Class
( Competition )
Price
RX 3080 Navi 10 8GB GDDR6 150W RTX 2070/ GTX 1080 $249
RX 3070 Navi 12 8GB GDDR6 120W GTX 2060/GTX 1070 $199
RX 3060 Navi 12 4GB GDDR6 75W (no power connector) GTX 2050/GTX 1060 $129

https://wccftech.com/amd-rx-3080-30...gtx-1070-gtx-1060-challengers-at-249-199-129/

Still in the 8/4GB mid-range space

Last edited:
And quite a few others that are owners of that hardware. Otherwise, your claims about the Radeon VII are strictly valid only for you, it does not validate what you are saying. :D

My 'claims' are facts- ones that the faithful would rather ignore :ROFLMAO:

nope - just wfcc rumors. ;)

Wait, he works for wfcc? LOL! /joking The benchmarks do look really good and I am glad they finally fixed the actual issues with the architecture, mainly the limited number of ROPs. Raja was incapable of actually fixing the issues that GCN had going, glad he got canned.

Who cares about the RTX 2080? The real issue is that AMD still does not have a competitor to nVidia's top end card, and that AMD isn't bothering to be competitive at all in pricing. AMD is only reaching where nVidia was 2 years ago. That is a fact. They're also charging the same as what nVidia was charging 2 years ago. That is AMD's decision, not nVidia's.

In retrospect, those who bought the 1080ti brand new probably got the best value because the price/performance ratio is still the same 2 years later. More so if they mined with it.

The negativity is not an issue when it is rooted in fact. Fact is AMD still cannot compete with nVidia in the high end segment. FYI, that segment has moved to the $800+ range due to nVidia price gouging. Mid-high is now the $500-$700 range, which used to be in the $250-400 range. And AMD selling Vega VII at $600 is doing absolutely nothing to curb the nVidia price gouging.

So? Few people spend 1k+ on a graphic card, especially with mining going away. Why make a product that few will buy? Even this 700 dollar card is too much. People buy 1060s and 1070 priced cards. AMD should have announced those instead.

Maybe Navi fits between Radeon7 and Polaris? Does that make sense? The alternative is that R7 is just a stop gap, but you wouldn't think Lisa wouldn't have make such a big deal about Radeon7 at CES if that was the case. Navi 20 not listed for release in 2020 may do it.

It doesn't seem to be a whole lot faster than my 1080 which I bought 14 months ago for $669 (CDN).
I'm going to be holding on my 1080 for at least a couple more years. Here's hoping AMD steps up their game by then so that by the time I'm ready to upgrade, I'll actually have some decent options on both team red or green that won't cost me and arm or a leg.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...-first-radeon-7-benchmark-results-in-25-games

So it doesnt even compete with the 2080? it competes with the 2070, and is $699?

I think they would have been better off releasing it for $499...

Come on guys, i want to replace my 1070 i bought years ago for $350, with something that is faster, for $350.
That chart means very little... They added AMD's number from a 7700k to theirs ran on a 8700k. It competes with the 2080 using that to support your statement is pretty lame.

AMD is implementing DXR. Your argument is wholly invalid; RTX will be used on major releases going forward.

I know UE has added support for DXR, but are we that sure it's going to be well implemented in the next year or two of game releases or will it be more like hardwware PhysX (yes I know not exactly an apples to apples comparision) a wet fart for the most part?

And how well did that one sell?

*looks at Nvidia stocks*
Yeah...
The RTX launch isn't why NVIDIA's stock has tanked. For one thing, most tech stocks have plummeted lately, due to a variety of issues including the general market instability. But NVIDIA also appears to have blatantly mislead investors re: crypto being a part of their revenue and that chicken has come home to roost over the past month.

The RTX launch isn't why NVIDIA's stock has tanked. For one thing, most tech stocks have plummeted lately, due to a variety of issues including the general market instability. But NVIDIA also appears to have blatantly mislead investors re: crypto being a part of their revenue and that chicken has come home to roost over the past month.
Yeah, I'd like to think that's the reason, but anyone who knows stocks knows a 50% drop wouldn't be caused by something so simple (a mediocre gpu, in this case). There are many market factors at work here, not the least of which being nvidia's extremely over-valued stock. The 50% drop was a correction (some might say over-correction, but I wouldn't), caused by current market conditions, and had next to nothing to do with this product release.

That chart means very little... They added AMD's number from a 7700k to theirs ran on a 8700k. It competes with the 2080 using that to support your statement is pretty lame.

I'm not going to argue that the numbers are correct but the 7700k and the 8700k are equal in most games. There are about as many games showing a difference between them as there are RTX titles. The only time the extra cores on a CPU matter (right now) are when you're playing one of these three or four games, streaming, or encoding video.

I just want to play a highly modded Skyrim at a reasonable price point, is that too much to ask?

the crapping in this thread is legendary amd made a card that competes with nvidias rtx 2080 that is where this was aimed at to give people a choice at that price point. it is not amd's fault that the high end gtx 2080 is equal in performance to a 1080ti and priced higher than last gen's 1080 for that you need to take your vitriol to nv.

That’s actually not what’s going on in here whatsoever. People are just happy that AMD is competing with NVIDIA on any level because it’s been a while and competition is a good thing. The rampant negativity is the issue.

The negativity is everywhere regardless of what side your on.

Videocard discussions have become toxic like political discussions.

Part of this has to do with Nvidia's behavior but perhaps even more so, AMD has turned their viral marketing campaign into a nationalistic campaign where the competition is evil and it is only AMD side that is looking is looking out for their interest. Sound familiar? It should. This is basically how China manipulates and control their population.

E.g North American's and capitalism are bad. Don't trust them. We are looking out for you.

How AMD has done this is gotten youtubers to highlight the negativity of Nvidia actions and with forum posters with new accounts to come in and muddy the waters. All the while ignoring AMD has literally done the same thing perhaps even worse in some instances. AdoredTV is particularly guilty of this.

Lets look at a few things AdoredTV has highlighted as Nvidia crimes against consumers.

Nvidia smaller improvements in performance over time? Look at HARDOCP, generational improvements overtime and you will see AMD is actually worse when it comes to this. Rebrands and deceptive naming practices, Entire generations consisting of rebrands, RX 580 with RX 570 specs, RX 560 with RX 460 specs. Turning midsized into more expensive and higher tier products than they should(the 7970, 7950 and 7870 at 550 450 and 350 dollars) is what really kicked off this price escalation. RTX series is super over priced, now look at the pricing of the RX 590 and this new RX Vega VII. Even things like Nvidia NDA have been overblown because people like Steve from gamersnexus have definitely signed it but have been the most vocal critics of RTX. Even GPP was not as crippling as implied because manufacturer's were still allowing to making gaming versions of AMD cards. The later is a crappy tactic but is common in the corporate world.

The funny thing is AMD can skirt around this stuff because their fanbase creates mitigating circumstances that only apply to AMD. For the RX Vega VII, its that it cost too much it has to sell for more. Let us pull this argument a part for a second and why it applies equally to AMD and Nvidia or doesn't at all. Right now people are trying to highlight why Vega VII cost more and it all comes from 7nm and 16GB of HBM2.

At this point, the price of HBM2 has dropped sharply. How do we know? The reports of Vega 64/56 were selling for no profit to loss initially when HBM2 was 150 dollars when they were selling at 399 and 499. AMD is now officially selling Vega 64/56 at 329 and 379. What does this mean? The price of HBM2 has dropped significantly. You don't think 320-370 dollars is enough to add another 8gb of HBM2 and a 7nm die that is 0.66 the size of Vega 64 that is cut down? If we are going to use the cost of production excuse for AMD, not why apply it to Nvidia? When has their been a 445mm2 mainstream die? This is closer in die size to a gtx 1080 ti than a GTX 1060. Secondly is Nvidia R and D expenditure not a cost that needs to be accounted for? Would you rather Nvidia take AMD or Intels approach and simply release refreshes, minor revision to their core architecture and not increase pricing.

People from mainland China and have been only exposed to what their government says are indoctrinated into not believing anything good about the outside world as a result of censorship and an upbringing that their country and culture are the best. North Korea is an even stronger example of this. How this behavior is replicated in consumers is this boycotting of the competitors all the while ignoring AMD has stopped being the value company when it comes to graphics. The Chinese are the most loyal at boycotting products, look at things like Apple, D & G and even Canada Goose have become victims of this. They will cease buying products from other nations out of loyalty for their country. North American's don't show near this much loyalty. AMD products used to sell mostly based on their value like the 4870 or even 5870, but now this value proposition has disappeared and AMD products have more or less equal value as Nvidia ones. Now the argument has changed to free sync primarily and with Nvidia most recent adoption of it, you can be sure AMD is going to pump out more anti Nvidia stuff since that argument doesn't carry as much weight.

I see this type of behavior from the strongest AMD fans and it shows when it comes to the leaked AdoredTV leak. The Adored TV leak was used as propaganda to be Anti RTX/.That is, it got alot of people excited that Navi was going to be annouced at CES with performance not far off this leak(-%10) at 250 dollars.

CES passed and all we got was a card that performed 10% better than the leak but at $699 which is basically the same value proposition but 4 months later as RTX. And people are already trying to defend it, the same people that crapped on the RTX 2060 applying mitigating factors for AMD and ignoring them for Nvidia(i.e cost have gone up).

And these people are still listening to AdoreTV credibility still has not taken the hit it should(as I have predicted) because they want to believe adoredTV so badly because it's a better reality than it is. Not only were these products not announced as AdoredTV stated, Vega VII or any form of it was not mentioned in his leaks. One thing people need to question why there was no Vega VII in AdoredTV's leaks. I don't know about you, but the products closest to launching should have been in the leaks.

I don't know about you but the timing of the leaks just before the holiday shopping season and peoples reaction to Vega VII not being remotedly as negative as the RTX ones prove how effective this guerrilla marketing can be.

AMD has turned their viral marketing campaign into a nationalistic campaign where the competition is evil and it is only AMD side that is looking is looking out for their interest. Sound familiar? It should. This is basically how China manipulates and control their population.

LOL! Dude, you really have no idea what is happening at all, do you? So, AMD is only giving the information they want to, without hyping things like in the past but hey, they are promoting the stuff you just claimed? LOL! Sorry but, the Nvidia CEO has earned the title of douche bag and his company all on his own, AMD did not need to help with that.

(Unless of course, you are claiming that GPP and what the Nv CEO said about AMD was all AMD's fault? LOL!)

the crapping in this thread is legendary amd made a card that competes with nvidias rtx 2080 that is where this was aimed at to give people a choice at that price point. it is not amd's fault that the high end gtx 2080 is equal in performance to a 1080ti and priced higher than last gen's 1080 for that you need to take your vitriol to nv.

Yep, I have to say that AMD is actually a serious threat now otherwise, why are the Nvidia bots responding at all? ;)

The negativity is everywhere regardless of what side your on.

Videocard discussions have become toxic like political discussions.

Realistically this shit has been happening for a long time across many different things. Consoles, Videocards, audio equipment, etc. I remember some really great threads on Usenet... *puts his old man cane back down*

Realistically this shit has been happening for a long time across many different things. Consoles, Videocards, audio equipment, etc. I remember some really great threads on Usenet... *puts his old man cane back down*

Yup, just learn to filter out the noise because we all probably been there. Everyone who cheers a company rather than the consumer is probably just entering the hobby or a stock holder, no big deal. That's why I love Hardocp is that Kyle is pro consumer and business ethics is brutally honest about anti consumer practices and fights the good fight for us (Space invaders, GPP, rx480 power consumption, 970 memory, etc.).

So, AMD is the value leader. If they do not keep Nvidia on their toes then they are a dying company.

IF, AMD presents a product that attempts to keep Nvidia honest in performance then they are creating a nationalistic PR campaign? Double standard much?

Nvidia is the innovator and performance leader. IF they release a product that is not innovating + evolving the medium are we not allowed to call bullshit on their tactics? If they attempt to impose an Nvidia only umbrella atmosphere on 3rd party manufacturers we are not allowed to call them out.

Jesus.

So I am to interpret that AMD is not allowed to present a product over established value guidelines less they look like a "Try Hard?"
Is no one allowed to bash Nvidia when they DO screw up less they be labeled a nationalistic AMD fanboy?

Even in your essay about what is wrong with the shape of fandom you imposed your own sense of bias about other people and invalidated the very arguments you were making.

I suppose I'm more on the middle of this red vs green war.
I wish AMD would step up their game and that Nvidia would stop gouging us where their current prices. If AMD could catch up and release something that will actually make Nvidia sweat a little then maybe Nvidia will ease off a bit on their jacked up prices.

So, essentially you guys want AMD to price this card lower, so that nvidia lowers prices and in turn you can buy nvidia cheaper, so then in your eyes this card is a success. This VEGA VII is perfect. Its faster than V64 its got more memory and doubles the bandwith while at it.
Its based on 7 nm tech and its 30% faster in gaming while on a first driver and over 60% faster in compute workloads while is going to be only $50 more. Did I say its perfect... oh and we don't give a shit if you guys will have to pay $ 2,400 next go round because we will not be buying it. Its exactly what I said will happen in my earlier threads and exactly what I and many others wanted....:D keep on hating

So, essentially you guys want AMD to price this card lower, so that nvidia lowers prices and in turn you can buy nvidia cheaper, so then in your eyes this card is a success. This VEGA VII is perfect. Its faster than V64 its got more memory and doubles the bandwith while at it.
Its based on 7 nm tech and its 30% faster in gaming while on a first driver and over 60% faster in compute workloads while is going to be only $50 more. Did I say its perfect... oh and we don't give a shit if you guys will have to pay $ 2,400 next go round because we will not be buying it. Its exactly what I said will happen in my earlier threads and exactly what I and many others wanted....:D keep on hating

I may decide to get one. The only thing I am concerned about is power consumption and heat. Will wait for reviews. I still think it should have been priced at $599, not because Im interested in the alternative but because the alternative (2080) is also the exact same price as the VII.

Last edited:
Turning midsized into more expensive and higher tier products than they should(the 7970, 7950 and 7870 at 550 450 and 350 dollars) is what really kicked off this price escalation.

Are you trying to argue that the 7970 should not have been treated as a high end GPU and instead was actually mid-range?

Holy shit.

Reactions: Zuul
like this
From experience I can tell you it will undervolt well and heat will not be an issue. Its the same architecture on smaller node and AMD always overvolts all of their cards. Great thing is that the blowers are gone so day one we get the triple fan and no waiting on AIB's.
The fact that it is priced just as its closest competitor should be looked at as a option to get the competitors offering if you are not sure that one is for you...;)

Nah, i just want 1080/1080ti performance, for a 1080/1080ti price. This is a $699 card that is 25-30% faster than their $450 card. Thats not an upgrade, thats just adding another tier to the lineup.

Id buy a vega64(freesync master race reporting in) but i dont want a space heater.

I just want to see the new cards come out at the previous gen MSRP (which Nvidia is not doing this time around).

Nah, i just want 1080/1080ti performance, for a 1080/1080ti price. This is a $699 card that is 25-30% faster than their $450 card. Thats not an upgrade, thats just adding another tier to the lineup.

Id buy a vega64(freesync master race reporting in) but i dont want a space heater.

How is 25-35% (Not including an OC) NOT an upgrade? If you're wanting 1080-1080ti performance, then you will have it.

While both camps use "misleading benchmarks" I recall the Fury X 4k benchmarks, the first 4k card that wasm´t...

I’ll be waiting for Tech Jesus to benchmark it and mess with volts and overclocking. We shall see.

Still ain’t spending more on a graphics card than my PS4 Pro. Maybe I’d spend $500 on it.

Back