Help with write speed

Tweakin

[H]ard|Gawd
I just got a new CD-RW for my system, it's a cheap (but I hear quite good) Liteon LTR-52327S. The stats on it are 52x32x52 but when I burn a CD (or use Nero Drive Info) my write speed is only 16x. I am using new and quality media that supports my full write speed.

So, am I missing something? Is that what it should be at? It is still pretty speedy, a 700mb disc in about 4 1/2 minutes, but I hear a lot of people saying they can do it in about 2 minutes with the same drive.

Things I have checked after searching through these forums:
UDMA is enabled in BIOS and in Windows (Windows is reporting it is running in UDM, not PIO).
Bus Mastering is enabled
The drive is on the secondary channel and properly jumpered

My system is below... also, on the primary channel I have 2 80gb WD 7200rpm / 8mb cache. Both jumpered and working properly (benchmarks are where they should be)..

Have you made sure that Nero is set to burn at 52x? I know it sounds stupid, but my brother (who is very computer savvy) upgraded from a 12x burner to a 48x burner and wondered why Nero was only burning at 12x. It turns out he forgot to bump Nero from 12x to 48x in the settings menu. Sometimes the little things can get overlooked.

Colt___45 said:
Have you made sure that Nero is set to burn at 52x? I know it sounds stupid, but my brother (who is very computer savvy) upgraded from a 12x burner to a 48x burner and wondered why Nero was only burning at 12x. It turns out he forgot to bump Nero from 12x to 48x in the settings menu. Sometimes the little things can get overlooked.

Yup, I checked that. It only goes up to 16x.

Back