Help with steelseries Gaming DAC.. or...

Copyright

Supreme [H]ardness
I picked up the steel series gaming DAC plus headphones because I wanted a good way to switch between speakers and headphones. Problem now is upon wakeup from sleep or reboot it keeps reverting back to the steel series Gaming DAC instead of my realtek audio (Asus ESS SABRE DAC). I thought I could use the Gaming Dac to drive headphones and speakers.. just use windows to switch between which one I want to use but I have not been able to get that to work... Any wokr arounds?

Even though I only ever user the spdif out and disabled everything else, win10 sometimes mess with my audio device and decide to send audio to a seemingly random output.

Even though I only ever user the spdif out and disabled everything else, win10 sometimes mess with my audio device and decide to send audio to a seemingly random output.

I did that. .disabled all but the two devices I use.. it just keeps resetting default device back to the Gaming DAC..

check in the sound mixer options see whats default there. im assuming youre on win10

check in the sound mixer options see whats default there. im assuming youre on win10

Windows 10 yes... I changed default in windows 10 control panel.. I did not see how to defualt in sound mixer but I will look again... also reaching out to Steelseries..

Click Cortana/search and enter "sound mixer options" it will pull up the new settings with the app/sound mixer settings.

Back