help with scanning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guyverunit1

Weaksauce
I have a customer we clean installed awhile back and his hp scanning software is really not working. I can scan via photo gallery fine but hp software says it can not contact the scanner. I just need a free alternative something like vuescan would be great

I have a customer we clean installed awhile back and his hp scanning software is really not working. I can scan via photo gallery fine but hp software says it can not contact the scanner. I just need a free alternative something like vuescan would be great
To me, the first step is finding out why HP's own software cannot communicate with their hardware -- especially given the "clean install" status. Additionally, what makes you believe that a 3rd party app could work where the vendor's own software failed?

I guess you did not catch the works with photo gallery it vuescan. It is something with hp's software I have seen it before same thing we had to wipe the customers computer to get it to work but since this thing was already wiped about a week ago because of his own dumb fault well and gateways I removed his avast firewall and his windows firewall is disabled but it seems to me like hp's software is just f'ed up he said it worked fine with the old software which he lost or threw away the disk for so that is why I need something like vuescan.

I guess you did not catch the works with photo gallery it vuescan. It is something with hp's software I have seen it before same thing we had to wipe the customers computer to get it to work but since this thing was already wiped about a week ago because of his own dumb fault well and gateways I removed his avast firewall and his windows firewall is disabled but it seems to me like hp's software is just f'ed up he said it worked fine with the old software which he lost or threw away the disk for so that is why I need something like vuescan.
Ah, I did mis-read that part regarding the photo gallery. But that only adds a question of "What photo gallery?" Is it the one that came with the operating system (if so, what OS and version?), or a 3rd part app provided from HP with their installer CD or the latest download from their site? What HP scanner are we talking about? What version of their software? How did you obtain the software that is currently installed? Exactly what about the HP scanning software is failing? Has it ever worked for the user with the current operating system?

(Side note: Please use better grammar and spelling in your next response.)

Sorry really don't want to sound like an ass but I don't need help troubleshooting. I have done everything possible and it is photo gallery in windows vista the built in photo viewer. Even paint works fine. The issue is The hp software does not see the scanner no matter what we try. I already got the customer working with vuescan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back