Help with router blocking sites

Mudd

Limp Gawd
Well I'm on a computer upstairs with a D-Link wireless PCI card. I'm connected to a Netgear router, which a computer is directly connected to, and a laptop is connected to it wirelessly.

Now...Whenever I go to certain sites, it says "Web Site Blocked by NETGEAR Firewall".

More and more sites are getting blocked, and somehow AIM instant messenger wont work either because Its blocking that too.

I've tried proxies...but I dont know if there's something i'm doing wrong? I use Firefox but i've also tried in IE. I know it's the router...but my dad wont fix it becase he keeps putting it off. Is there any way around this? It's really aggrivating when I cant even go to sites I want. It does it randomly too.

It does it for gamestop.com, aim.com, anandtech.com, bfgtech.com, and alot of others =/ Any ideas?

sounds like the built in firewall is overzealous... login to your router and change some stuff around.. you should be able to find most of the important stuff on the netgear website...
Could also be something done by the parents...

to connect to netgear router...

192.168.0.1 (unless changed by whoever set it up)
Type user name and password ( look up the default on their website...) (also could be changed)
I use a linksys so I can't help you from there...

or you could try sniffing your neighbors wifi just make sure you have a software firewall up...

Well that's the thing. I know it's the router's firewall, but my dad is on a business trip and I dont think he'd give me the user/pass.

They arent trying to keep me off sites because I think they could care less what I do on my computer, but yeah...well i guess there isnt a way around it =/

Back