Help with Raid 0 on P4c800 E deluxe Intel or promise

vinny77

Limp Gawd
Help with Raid 0 on P4c800 E deluxe Intel or promise

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just set up Raid 0 on MY Computer. I have a Asus P4c800 E Deluxe. I just got 2 WD 36.6 Gb Raptor drives. and love them so far Extremely fast.
I came from a WD 40 GB 5400Rpm drive and was getting about 20MBs on Sisandra now I get 72Mbs on this set up

I used the promise controller on my Motherboard. I knwo that there is also a Intel but could find how to set it up. The Book told me what to do and then told me to press ctrl+i at a certain poiunt I tried spent about a Hour and then couldent do anything so just gave up and Used the promise.

How do you get the Intel Raid to work, i followed the book very carefully, and enable the boot rom and it just didnt show up on the post

Are there any advantages with the Intel over the promise, or is the promise ok. I want to use what allows me to Overclcok the best with the best performance

And what is Intel application acceleration

Dont use anything that says INTEL if you're using the promise controller. The promise does not interface with the intel in ANY way.

And have you hit up anandtech lately? Raid-0's are overrated. :D

just set up Raid 0 on MY Computer. I have a Asus P4c800 E Deluxe. I just got 2 WD 36.6 Gb Raptor drives. and love them so far Extremely fast.
I came from a WD 40 GB 5400Rpm drive and was getting about 20MBs on Sisandra now I get 72Mbs on this set up

You see, most of that throughput boost came from simply upgrading from a 20GB 5400rpm hard drive that used two or three platters to a single-platter 36.7GB 10,000rpm hard drive.

Back