Help with radiators and reserviors

seross69

n00b
I have a question about putting your radiator above your reservoir and pump. The Question is how will you keep the radiator full of water so it can be more efficient? If it is laying flat and you have the fittings facing down then how will you keep it full of water?? To me it seems they would be just enough water in it to move to the next fitting nothing to make it actually fill up. Water takes the path of least resistance and also tries to move to the lowest point and be level depending on the amount of water in system.

Am I thinking wrong or not seeing something right??

I have room in my case so I think I am going to turn the top radiator to where the fitting come out of the top this will add some resistance but will make sure that the radiator is full and doing its most efficient job. I think??

Can anyone add to this or help me see the engineering of the fluid hydraulics better??

Well I am no engineer but unless you are running a parallel loop there really is no path of least resistance other then the flow it is given ,

my D5 has 10ft of head pressure @ 50 PSI so in my gaming rig it is set up optimal res is up high and pump is as low as it can go the rad is standing vertically all blocks are low resistance fans on low i get about 25 c water temp fans on med low . my HTPC rad is on the top barbs facing down pump and res are flat on the bottom water is about 25c both are overclocked my gaming rig has more heat dump .

I think you maybe just thinking to hard, as long as the air is not trapped in the rad from being upside down when you first fill it .....water will keep on flowing in the path you give it :)

I think you maybe just thinking to hard, as long as the air is not trapped in the rad from being upside down when you first fill it .....water will keep on flowing in the path you give it :)

+1

once you've completely filled the loop and start shaking to get all the bubbles of air out in places the rad will fill up from the water, its not as if your just trickling water thru it.. your pushing that water fast with some good PSI and once full up on water it's basically forcing the rad to stay full

Back