Help with radiator fans.

I have a custom loop that has 9 vardar fans. I've been running them with molex power connector's but now I'm ready to switch to a controller.

Does anyone know of a fan hub controller that can handle 9-10 fans and that connects to the motherboard via one cable to the cpu fan header?

If they are PWM you can get a cheap splitter (only 4 fans but it was the first google result) that will power the fans with a molex connector and control them from the motherboard header (you can also make your own). If they are not PWM it gets more complicated.

Yeah that's the problem. Whenever I look up hubs or splitters they only accomdate that many fans. I need it to house 9. 6 at the very least.

But yeah they are PWM.

Up to 12 fan PWM splitter.
https://www.moddiy.com/products/PWM-1%2dTo%2d12-Fan-Splitter-Cable-(Sleeved).html

Alternatively you can make your own. It's been a while but if I remember right you run all the power and ground wires to a molex or sata, run all the PWM control wires to the motherboard header, and then a single RPM signal wire to the motherboard header.
This. Make your own. You can make zones too by using more than one header. Say cpu is one radiator is on header one and another is on a second so you can better stage the cooling/noise.

You might have a control problem using a single PWM control source. Would be better to use 2 PSU powered PWM splitter hubs controlled by 2 motherboard PWM fan hubs. More that about 8 fans on a single PWM signal on some motherboard PWM control circuits and/or more fans PWM circuits cannot be controlled and either run slower or faster than they should when more than 7 or 8 fans are on one circuit. I've had this problem a couple of times.

Back