Help with Point and shoot compact choices

MichaelJB

Limp Gawd
My betterhalf is after a Point and shoot compact camera and we need some recommendations.

1. Must be < £100
2. Must be black or silver
3. Must come with a rechargeable battery

This camera will be used for holidays, mostly outdoor shots in sunny conditions. Water and shock resistance would be added benefits.

Looked around and am currently tossing up between the Nikon Coolpix S3100 and SAMSUNG PL120.

Would love to hear what advice and recommendations you guys have :)

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Canon A3200 IS. £94.86 Review at Cameralabs. The A3300 has a 3 inch screen and 2 more megapixels for a few more £. I'd rank the Canons over the Nikon and the Samsung.

The Canon Elph cameras I'd normally recommend are way expensive over in the UK in £. Wow everything is.

There is a Fuji Finepix T200 for 100. Has 10x zoom.

I'd go for the Canon. The A3300 has a bit sharper of a picture, and the larger screen would be nicer for composing, so I'd lean closer to that than the A3200.

Edit: Here is a review of water resistant cameras from this last August. The Fuji is £115, but it gets very poor reviews at Amazon and Dpreview.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Thanks for your input, after reading the reviews I am seriously considering the Canon A3300, it's only 5 quid over budget but seems to perform very well for the price.

But were not purchasing for another week yet so were still open to other recommendations :)

Well we went with the Canon A3300 thx for the recommendation MN Scout. It is a Christmas present so i'll post back what she thinks of it after christmas. :)

Back