Help with new X570 master BIOS

John066

n00b
If anyone out there is familiar with gigabyte motherboards and their bios i'd greatly appreciate the help.

I recently upgraded to a Ryzen 3800x and purchased a x570 master to go along with it but i'm having two issues.

1. I flashed the main bios using Q flash and a USB to the newest version on gigabyte's website F7b, however that corrupted the main bios and i only get a black screen that won't load windows, but i am able to access the bios. When i switch to the back up bios that is the factory set F4 bios everything loads fine. I tried to flash the main bios to F6 and to F4 but the problem persists. I have complete access to the bios but it will not load windows. It doesn't even recognize the boot partition within the bios. I tried clearing cmos and set bios to factory defaults but it doesn't appear to work. Please help.

2. When i load windows through my back up bios (F4) my CPU temperature in SIV smart fan 5 is constantly going up and down in giant leaps while at idle, however other monitoring programs such as ryzen master show a constant 46 degrees. all the fans are working but something appears to be wrong with the temp monitoring within SIV.

Thanks,

i have a replacement board on order but was hoping there was a setting to change or easy fix i was unaware of. Thanks for the reply

i have a replacement board on order but was hoping there was a setting to change or easy fix i was unaware of. Thanks for the reply

On the black screen, does it say it can't find a bootable drive? If so, that's almost certainly an issue with the AHCI/RAID setting, and/or the boot priority. If you've got multiple drive types SATA SSD / M.2 SSD, it will almost always attempt to boot from the SATA drive first, whether you want it to or not.

Back