Limp Gawd
Thinking of the following:
CPU: AMD X4 940 AM2
Mobo: Asus M4A78-EM matx
Ram: 2x2GB GB DDR2-800 patriot value ram [already have]
HD: Intel 80GB SSD w/ trim support
Optical: LG BluRay [already have]

Questions…
Case? Looking at the SG03 and SG04… seems to be about a 35 dollar price difference. Worth it? Should I go with the 1 Fan option or 2? Are the included fans quiet? Or should I change them….and if so to what?

CPU cooler: What is an ultra quiet cpu cooler for this CPU. Could I run the NT06 fanless w/ 2 120mm fans in the case? Any other suggestions.

Video Card: Can you suggest a video card. I don’t game that much, but will be doing development/video editing/gfx design on this machine. I have 2 Dell 30” monitors, so require 2 Dual Link DVI slots. Fanless would be nice but likely not practical, but was looking along the lines of an ATI 5770 (powercolor PPG mdoel) or an evga GTS 250 . Both have 2 duallink ports. Can someone suggest a card that can take an aftermarket cooler to make it very quiet?

Power Supply: Im thinking a 500-600watt….possibly modular. Any suggestions? Looking for something silent.

Thanks for any help.

gentle typhoons for quiet fans , i havent heard any better myself . 5770 would be the video card i would purchase

Jen

Power Supply:
Corsair VX550w ( non-modular ) low noise, solid build ( 80+ ), low price ( $80.00 us)
Corsair 650HX ( modular ) again low noise, solid build ( 80+ ), moderate price ( $120.00 us)

Cpu Cooler:
You might be able to mount a corsair H50 in the SG03 / SG04 (mount the rad where the front 120mm fan is ?). The H50 is a little pricey at around $78.00us, but the advantage is you don't have to add any extra fans to the case in order to use it.

Hope this helps !

The H50 will fit in a SG03. Don'tknow about the SG04 but I would assume it would.

Back