Help with new gaming pc build.

riptid3

Limp Gawd
Trying to build a pc on a budget. Around 1200 or less with 23" monitor or larger.

Main purpose is to play rocket league with high refresh rate and FPS.

Also will play H1N1 KOTK, CS GO (casually) and Minecraft.

I was looking at a cyberpowerpc with Radeon 480 8gb. 16gb ram with AMD 8 core processor. Everything shipped for 1233 comes with free headset, keyboard, mouse.
Or I could go with a similar price with an I5.

I haven't PC gamed since UO (1996-2000) or years of EVERQUEST. I did play some WOW when it first came out but I haven't built anything in a while.

If you know of cheaper LMK.

Thanks.

Trying to build a pc on a budget. Around 1200 or less with 23" monitor or larger.

Main purpose is to play rocket league with high refresh rate and FPS.

Also will play H1N1 KOTK, CS GO (casually) and Minecraft.

I was looking at a cyberpowerpc with Radeon 480 8gb. 16gb ram with AMD 8 core processor. Everything shipped for 1233 comes with free headset, keyboard, mouse.
Or I could go with a similar price with an I5.

I haven't PC gamed since UO (1996-2000) or years of EVERQUEST. I did play some WOW when it first came out but I haven't built anything in a while.

If you know of cheaper LMK.

Thanks.
Do you already have the monitor? I assume you're shooting for 1080p at this size?

Are you willing to build yourself, or are you strictly looking at prebuilt?
Regardless, that actually looks like a pretty good deal. That PC with similar specs would be around $1,000 USD in parts without a monitor, so an extra $200 in labour and shipping is pretty damn good in my opinion.

If you can get an i5 6600k with all of that and a monitor included, that would be a good deal. Get the i5 if you can. That AMD 8 Core is pretty old tech by now.

Last edited:
Ageed.....almost any gaming system at that level should be on an Intel CPU. At least from a price / performance perspective. Nothing wrong with AMD, just not up to snuff with Intel processors.

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/Syber_M_Pro_200

If you want pre built you should get a Intel even if it' a Inel I-5 which should be good.
AMDs latest processors are based off aging 2011 bulldozer architecture they have Zen coming out but that is in 2017

https://www.amazon.com/Dell-Gaming-S2716DG-LED-Lit-Monitor/dp/B01IOO4SGK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1478869222&sr=8-1&keywords=dell+gsync+monitor&th=1

If you want a 23" monitor get this Dell 24" one just came out this summer and will help with screen tearing cause it has Gsync technology.
I tired 27" but don't like them for desktop use.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Thanks everyone. Ended up with this.

*BASE_PRICE: [+799]
BLKFRISALE1: CYBERPOWERPC Skorpion K1 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
w/ Kontact Blue Switches and Programmable RGB LED Lighting [+0]
BLKFRISALE2: CyberpowerPC Gaming Mouse Pad [+0]
BLUETOOTH: None
CABLE: None
CAS: Syber M ATX Mid-Tower Gaming Case w/ USB 3.0, & Side-Panel Window
CASUPGRADE: RGB Multi-Color 16 color LED 1x interior light strip w/
Remote Controller
CC: None
CD: 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive (BLACK COLOR)
CD2: None
COOLANT: None
CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i5-6400 2.70GHz 6MB Intel Smart Cache
LGA1151 (Skylake)
CS_FAN: Default case fans
DOCKINGSTATION: None
ENGRAVING: None
EVGA_POWER: None
FAN: Asetek 550LC 120mm Liquid Cooling CPU Cooler - Extreme Cooling
Performance (Single Standard 120MM Fan)
FLASHMEDIA: None
FREEBIE_CU: None
FREEBIE_HD1: Free 256GB Intel 600P M.2 NVME SSD with All Mechanical
Hard Drive Purchase for Intel Desktops [+0]
FREEBIE_VC1: FREE SID MEIER'S CIVILIZATION(R) VI Game Code [+0]
HD_M2SSD: None
HD_PCIE1X_SSD: None
HDD: 1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 32MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Drive)
HDD2: None
HEADSET: None
IUSB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
KEYBOARD: None
MEMORY: 8GB (4GBx2) DDR4/3000MHz Dual Channel Memory (ADATA XPG Z1)
MONITOR: 24" Sceptre E248W-1920 Black Widescreen 1920 x 1080 5ms HDMI
Backlight LCD Gaming Monitor [+139] (Single Monitor)
MOPAD: None
MOTHERBOARD: * MSI Z170A PC Mate ATX w/ USB 3.1, 2 PCIe x16, 3 PCIe
x1, 1 SATA Express, 6 SATA3, 1 Ultra M.2
MOUSE: CyberpowerPC Standard 4000 DPI with Weight System Optical Gaming Mouse
NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
OS: Windows 10 Home (64-bit Edition) w/ $100 Windows Store Gift Card
OVERCLOCK: No Overclocking
POWERSUPPLY: 600 Watts - EVGA 600 80 PLUS Power Supply [+20]
PRO_WIRING: Professional Wiring for All WIRING Inside The System
Chassis - Minimize Cable Exposure, Maximize Airflow in Your System
[+19]
RUSH: Standard Process Time: Ship within 7 to 12 Business Day
SECURITY: None
SERVICE: 3 Years FREE Service Plan (INCLUDES LABOR AND LIFETIME
TECHNICAL SUPPORT)
SLI_BRIDGE: None
SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
SPEAKERS: None
TEMP: None
TUNING: None
TVRC: None
USBHD: None
USBX: None
VIDEO: AMD Radeon RX 480 4GB GDDR5 Video Card [VR Ready] (Single Card)
WARRANTY: STANDARD WARRANTY: 1 Year Parts WARRANTY
WNC: HIRO 802.11ac Dual Band PCI-E Wireless Adapter Network Card [+19]
WTV: None
_PRICE: (+996)
_view_: {D2236FD5-A55E-4388-A2F1-
1BE2250B2955}
_load_: 11/16/2016 6:04:36 AM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
SUBTOTAL $996.00

Yes I do prefer prebuilt now. I priced everything seperately to build myself, and by the time I included windows, the savings wasn't almost non existent.

Pre-builds have come a long way of being forced to buy a 2X priced Alienware or Falcon Northwest. In some cases you can actually break even vs. ordering all the parts and building yourself...at least off of a completely fresh build. I've helped a few friends (that live across the country) build gaming machines via Cyberpower and they've turned out well. Quality was fine and as long as you remind them to make sure the heatsink is tight after delivery, everything works.

The worst thing about Cyberpower is their weird obsession with cases that look like a Mass Effect Reaper. Like 90% of their choices are hideous.

Thought I would give an update as I ended up with two computers. One AMD based and one I5 based. Both are perfectly fine for my son to play Minecraft/Overwatch on and if there is lag/or FPS issues we don't notice them. I bought mine specifically for H1z1 King of the Kill and even though I'm champion on xbox one I wanted to try on PC (rocket league).

I was impressed with the boxing, the wrapping (they used egg carton foam) and the build on both the PC's we ordered. We spent just under 2k for both of the desktops and 2 24'' monitors shipped to my door. Everything works like a charm. When it got here I went through everything making sure it was up to par. They include all the boxes and manuals from all the pieces installed. Windows was preinstalled plus I got a 100 dollar gift card. Like I said this was cheaper than building one myself. 0 BLOATWARE it was just windows and drivers and any software that came with the parts (Like Radeon Crimson which we are upgrading to Crimson relive)

I may upgrade video cards for him (because he got the RX460 in his) but for now it is running overwatch minecraft online w no problems with an AMD processor.

I can't say anything bad about this company just yet after a month. But I'll update again a few months later. As you can see from my join date and posts (I've been reading this site for over 13 years) I'm not going anywhere.

Windows is like $30, man...

I only looked on newegg. All I saw was OEM version for $99.99 I got it with my desktop from cyberpowerpc but they also through in a windows giftcard for 100 and I bought BF1 with it. They also came with free copies of Doom.

You get the OS from someone in the FS/FT thread. Much less than the $100.

Honestly, it depends on what your level of comfort is. If you are hands off, congratulations. If you like playing with stuff and being able to choose every option you want then you lose. Nothing personal, just a statement. As long as you are happy with what you purchased, that is what is most important. At the range you were at, nothing wrong with that. Prices with (most) pre-builts have come way down. The exception is those high-end systems.

I only looked on newegg. All I saw was OEM version for $99.99 I got it with my desktop from cyberpowerpc but they also through in a windows giftcard for 100 and I bought BF1 with it. They also came with free copies of Doom.

Get Windows 10 on Kinguin.

If I have 1200 bucks to wank on a PC I'm going to get a 1080 gtx, decently priced mid range i5/MOBO/ram/PSU and then use old or used other components. I don't care what my PC looks like, performance is king. I'd use my old hard drives, any crappy case I can find, whatever monitor I have laying around.

Back