Help with new build 2700x Gigabyte 470 Gaming 7 Bios issue

rbtree

Weaksauce
I have yet to install everything in my case. Installed W10Pro from USB, activated, works fine. Boot drive is an Adata 1 tb 8200 Pro NVMe. EVGA 1070

Problem: Very slow to boot...once up and running, the few benchmarks that I've run seem adequate. Crystal Disk Mark speeds OK, but userbenchmark SSD result was very poor....

Bigger issue is that I can't access the BIOS. Have tried several times. PC eventually boots to Windows after at least a minute.

Only mistake I'm aware of that could be a problem is this: I unmounted the USB drive that W 10 was on, instead of going into the BIOS to change the boot order, and then removing the thumb drive.

This isn't the first PC I've built. Seems I always run into an issue or three that stump me.....

Thanks for any advice.

Doesn't seem like unmounting the USB before going to the BIOS should make it a problem. The BIOS should be smart enough not to read from drives that aren't there.

Try updating your BIOS, get a copy on a USB drive first. You should(?) be able to get in by unplugging all of your drives, or through Win10 by Settings>Recovery>Advanced Startup>Go to UEFI

Dunno what I did, but eventually, I got into the BIOS... made sure everything was set correctly.. and now it boots up fast as can be!

Be aware : If it's the bottom NVME slot it is slower than the upper one

Be aware : If it's the bottom NVME slot it is slower than the upper one

I solved the problem shortly after I first posted about it. I also upgraded my Dell G7 to another of the same Adata NVMe drive. Read speeds are well below the 3500 gb max, but that's due to system constraints, I've read. Drive speeds are also inconsistent and usually a lot slower on the new PC... which isn't that surprising. Both computers score very well in the bench tests I've run.

Back