Help with MX1000 problems

Frangible

Limp Gawd
Hey guys,

Bought a MX1000 a while back and I'm having some problems with it. I really like not having the cord and the ergonomics on it are the best I've seen in a mouse.

Unfortunately, the MX1000 just hasn't been reciprocating my love. I haven't noticed this in other games yet, but in Counter-Strike source, sometimes when another guy and I start shooting at each other at the same time, I'll die without firing a single shot, even though I fired prior to my death.

I can't figure out why this is. There would have to be at least 300-500 ms of latency which is beyond the tiny (10ms?) amount that the wireless adds. I don't notice this in anything else.

Sadly I've gone back to my MX510 which I don't quite like as much. But, has anyone had a similar problem with the MX1000? Is there a solution for it?

Thanks.

no, that's just a counterstrike, counterstrike source thing. That happens every once in a while to me too and I'm using a corded (razer diamondback) mouse

Heh, I never thought about it as a mouse problem (I have a MX1000 too) - I always just thought I sucked. :(

Did you try the new drivers? There was some lag problems with the drivers that were shipped on the earlier ones.

No, I'll plug it back in and give the new drivers a try, thanks for the heads-up. And yeah, I guess it could be a CS:S problem too, maybe I just haven't gotten unlucky with the 510 in it yet.

I bought an MX1000 to replace my MX500...............yeah.........the MX1000 is sitting somewhere in my closet after I exchanged it 3 times and Best Buy in an effort to get one that doesn't suck ass. I even got one of the newer batches and it still sucked with FPS games.

Back