Help with microsoft media edition keyboard

azn712

Limp Gawd
I recently got a microsoft remote keyboard for windows xp media center edition. However, i did not get a manual without. After 30 mins of googling i got no meaningful result. So i was wondering if anyone has a manual for the keyboard or knows how to configure it.

thanks

You need the Microsoft IR receiver/remote control combo for the keyboard to work. You do have that right?

It configures itself when you plug it in with that OS.

I do have the reciever
Sorry I was unclear in my last post. I was trying to configure it to work with my tv. Howevere I have yet to have success with it.

The description online said it is a 3 in one keyboard. Remote keybaord and mouse

It's like an Media Center remote; it's not like a universal remote. Beyond, maybe, turning on your TV it doesn't do anything else related to your TV. It's used with and for MS's Media Center app.

The 8000 version has volume up, volume down. Thats about as close as you're gonna get.

all i need the keyboard to do is to turn on the tv and change volume mainly, maybe the channel if it is possible.

any help with those functionality would be much appreciated.

all i need the keyboard to do is to turn on the tv and change volume mainly, maybe the channel if it is possible.

any help with those functionality would be much appreciated.

You're not listening. IT DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY. It works with Media Center to change the channel/change the volume on the PC connected to the TV. If you want more then get a damn universal remote. It's not that hard. :rolleyes:

99.99999% of the TVs that are worth putting Media Center on don't have a tuner built into them anyways, so you'd be changing the channel on the cable box, not the the TV. In which case the HTPC would be bypassing the cable box's tuner. In which case, the media center keyboard CAN change the channels, as well as the volume (if you don't have an external amplifier).

I still agree with what everyone above has said, and get a universal remote. Grab a Logitech Harmony or similar.

Back