help with me with a labtop

cj3waker

2[H]4U
tried to do the phone/tablet route and its just not working out for me anymore. I need to get a new labtop. so here is what Im looking for

*10"-14"
*720p+
*battery life is the biggest selling point for me. I used an x220 for a while and it had 10hrs+ battery life, Id like to believe I should be able to get even better now.
*this well be for media playback, office work, and general web usage. so no need for discrete graphics etc. or anything over an i3 (Im not committed to mobile sandy bridge) for that matter.
*if windows 8, non RT

usb 3.0 would be great

open to any recommendations, ive been out of the notebook scene for a while

I have a n270 netbook, and it blows. so im definitely looking for more power than that
FWIW my go to right now is the iconia w510. I dont necessarily need a tablet hybrid, but its what Im leaning towards

Last edited:
If you can wait you should wait for the intel haswell mobile cpus to release.they consume very low power and batteries run
40% more with those cpus.

You do realize it's called a "Laptop", right? There is no such thing as a "labtop".

If you can wait you should wait for the intel haswell mobile cpus to release.they consume very low power and batteries run
40% more with those cpus.

I second this; Wait for Haswell mobile.

tried to do the phone/tablet route and its just not working out for me anymore. I need to get a new labtop. so here is what Im looking for

*10"-14"
*720p+
*battery life is the biggest selling point for me. I used an x220 for a while and it had 10hrs+ battery life, Id like to believe I should be able to get even better now.
*this well be for media playback, office work, and general web usage. so no need for discrete graphics etc. or anything over an i3 (Im not committed to mobile sandy bridge) for that matter.
*if windows 8, non RT

usb 3.0 would be great

open to any recommendations, ive been out of the notebook scene for a while

I have a n270 netbook, and it blows. so im definitely looking for more power than that
FWIW my go to right now is the iconia w510. I dont necessarily need a tablet hybrid, but its what Im leaning towards
I'm guessing no budget for a MBA 13"? Those have battery life out the wazoo.

You do realize it's called a "Laptop", right? There is no such thing as a "labtop".

Duly noted, Im incredibly sorry if I somehow confused you. I imagine if I had typed laptop you would have instead written an incredible suggestion based on my needs and contributed to me, my post, and this site. But since I made the grievous error of "B"ing instead of "P"ing I accept all responsibility for your pointless post, and my even further pointless reply

Macbook Airs have Haswell already. If you can afford it, you'll be able to run all day on a charge.

Macbook Airs have Haswell already. If you can afford it, you'll be able to run all day on a charge.

If MBAs have Haswell already and you don't mind the OS, go ahead and get one like Zinn said. Shouldn't leave you disappointed

I believe Sony, Asus, and Toshiba all have new versions built with Haswell on the way. One has an add-on sheet battery to make battery life even longer.

I'd wait for Thinkpads to get Haswell, then get the upgraded x230 (or x240, if they change the numbering).

If you need to buy RIGHT NOW then go for the x230. Especially since you liked the x220.

Back