Help with finding a fanless 12 port switch

J-Will

[H]ard|Gawd
I am currently using a Dell PowerConnect 2824 at home, and while it works just fine I am looking to replace it for something around the same physical size (or smaller) but fan-less. Management is not necessary for the replacement switch, though I would like it to be able to pass through POE from another switch. With this relocation project I wont need as many ports.

12+ ports
fan-less
POE pass through
smaller than 1.65" x 13.00" x 9.10"

Cmustang87

Supreme [H]ardness
I don't know of any switches that meet this criteria and also be fanless. Hopefully someone else has something for you.

J-Will

[H]ard|Gawd
Thanks. finding fanless with a decent number of ports is pretty difficult

Cmustang87

Supreme [H]ardness
Zyxel makes a 16 port fanless switch, but I don't know if it is POE passthrough. Their website is having issues at the moment.

J-Will

[H]ard|Gawd
I'll check them out.

Pass through might not be the correct term. I dont want POE supplied from another switch to be stripped out when it hits this switch. I dont need this switch to actually supply the power to the POE device.

Aluminum

Gawd
Strong odds DNE.

Pass through switches are almost always designed to be a power source themselves, PoE and fanless generally don't happen together. Physics and all that ;)

D

Deleted member 12106

If you want POE passthrough, that sounds more like a Ubiquiti type switch. There are plenty of dumb switches which are fanless and even smaller than that power connect.

J-Will

[H]ard|Gawd
I just want one that wont kill a POE source from reaching its target. This switch will be between the POE switch and POE devices.

I though some switches could 'relay' POE instead of the typical 'stop it'