Help with file transfer

Pivo504

2[H]4U
Finally updating my old s5 phone to a note 10+. So i want to transfer all of my apps from the s5 to the note. I want to make sure it transfers the exact apps meaning the versions that are on my s5 as they are older app versions I never update apps unless they are causing issues. Is there a way too di this via the pc as this would likely be the fastest way?

Thanks for the post pend but it looks like that link is only for transfer from phone to phone. I'm wondering if it's possible to transfer files to pc then to the new phone

Use Smart Switch to sync the data from S5 to 10+:

Step 1 Get Smart Switch on both Samsung devices from its Play Store. Start the app on the old Samsung phone and select the mode of transfer. You can either transfer data from Samsung to Galaxy S10 wirelessly or by using a USB connector.

Step 2 You will be asked to select the kind of source device you have.

Step 3 You'll see a PIN on the receiving device. Match the PIN on both the devices in order to establish a secure connection before commencing the transfer process. Now, you can just select the kind of data that you wish to transfer.

Step 4 After making sure that you have selected the data you need, tap on the Finish button. This will automatically initiate the transfer process. Now you just need to wait for a while as your new S10 will start receiving the data from your old Samsung phone.

Ping me if you need more help.

I'm pretty sure using smart switch would install the latest version of the apps he has on his old phone, which is not what he wanted.

I am not sure if it's possible to transfer a specific version of an app unless you sideload it.

I'm pretty sure using smart switch would install the latest version of the apps he has on his old phone, which is not what he wanted.

I am not sure if it's possible to transfer a specific version of an app unless you sideload it.
Exactly drozdov. I hate updating certain apps bc it messes things up. Is there a place where you can safely download older versions of play store apps? I remember also being able to use a program called titanium backup that would backup the specific version of the apps on your phone but I think that only worked if your phone wasn't locked. I guess there is no way to transfer the files/apps from the old phone to pc then transfer them to the new phone?

Exactly drozdov. I hate updating certain apps bc it messes things up. Is there a place where you can safely download older versions of play store apps? I remember also being able to use a program called titanium backup that would backup the specific version of the apps on your phone but I think that only worked if your phone wasn't locked. I guess there is no way to transfer the files/apps from the old phone to pc then transfer them to the new phone?
get smart switch for windows and try it.

yeah titanium backup is good if your phone is rooted. You can try buggy backup pro to save the apk of the specific app versions, then sideload them on your new phone.

Back