Help with (easy?) network setup.

fellows

Limp Gawd
Hey [H]

I just finished setting up, what I thought was, a simple network setup.

Basically I have 2 computers. One main computer and one media computer. The main computer is connected to a router thorough one Ethernet port, and then connected to the media computer through another Ethernet port.

Thanks to some excellent advice I received here, I was able to ensure internet traffic was separate from network traffic, by simply disabling some options under properties for the internet connection.

Anyway everything was working fine but now if both network connections are enabled, the internet does not work through any browser. Steam, Steam Chat, MSN and other such programs all work fine, but I cannot get any browser to load internet pages. The second I disable the 2nd network connection (the one connecting the 2 computers) the internet starts loading fine again. If I then re-enable the 2nd connection, the internet browsers again fail to load webpages.

I've played with every setting I can think of, and searched google to the best of my ability, with no results or explanations.

So any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

-Fellows

Well, I couldn't find any other solution so what I did was Bridge the Connections and it seems to be working fine.

Thanks anyway

Back