Help with Compaq T1000 Thin Client

runningincircles

Limp Gawd
Hi All

I recently received a couple t1000's that I intend to use to connect to a win2k3 terminal server. They have windows CE on them currently and are preconfigured to connect to the old company's internal citrix network. Whe nI power them on all it will do is:

-try to connect
-fail
-runs ping test
-attempts to login again

Is there any way to bypass the startup and reconfigure the default connection type and server location? I can find very limited information on these and have no experience with windows CE. Can any of you point me in a good direction?

Thanks!!

I believe you can still use F8 on Windows CE and boot into a safe mode. You could aslo try holding the shift key.

Orinthical said:
http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/ThinClients/us/locate/90_4973.html

Download the latest firmware and the firmware transfer tools. Follow the instructions. When you're done reloading them they should come up as blank slates and allow you to configure them as you wish. :)

I'm trying to source a laplink cable or an old parrallel cable that I can hack apart to switch pins now. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I'll post back after I've tried to reload it and do a short write up in case anyone ever searches for it.

Thanks!
J

Back