Help with choosing Between True OS or FreeBSD especially for final results of Lian-Li D8000 build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway I'm closing this thread because I got no help on choosing between TrueOS and FreeBSD in regards to my concerns about how either one would handle ACPI. Considering the FreeBSD documentation said ACPI is not an exact science, which is what I was concerned about regardless if the system I would have used to test both these two BSD UNIX forks would have suffered from and if my experience with testing these two would have been as bad as my nightmare with the iwill VD133 Intel slot 1 based motherboard that reverted back to APM instead of supporting ACPI because either it couldn't support ACPI or couldn't handle it.

All I got were a bunch of trolls and flamers asking what the system would be used for, which I stated several times that it will be used as the highestend workstation build I've made yet as a workstation server that means it will be a server acting as a rendering machine or main compilier to help speed up video and picture editing and hopefully will later get used for graphics rendering as well as providing mass storage for these files.

Instead all I got in addition to that were a bunch of trolls and flamers suggesting I use a single processor AMD Ryzen or AMD Ryzen Threadripper, or AMD Ryzen ThreadripperWX in the Lian-Li D8000 chassis I'm already using a Gigabyte 7PESH3 Intel based socket 2011v2 dual processor motherboard and two Intel 2011v2 2603v2's that are 1.8 GHz quad core processors with no hyper-threading as well as how I'm going to get destroyed by a HEDT(Highend Desktop) build when that's not what this thread was about or asking for help with. If you must know I'm going to complete the Lian-Li D8000 build with an Intel Xeon Scalable solution probably using two six core Intel Xeon Scalable Silver processors and maybe later Xeon Scalable Platinums. I want to build a second Lian-Li D8000 build using the AMD EPYC too and if I do it will probably use six core AMD EPYC at first too and then hopefully two 32 core AMD EPYC processors. The build will have an Areca ARC-1264IL-16 RAID card at first and then an Areca RAID card that can support the chassis maximum 3.5 inch internal hard drive capacity of 22 hard drives with buffer memory expansion. Also, it will use either single din Nvidia based Quadro's or AMD previously ATI graphics cards that are about mid range performance, but better than the PNY Nvidia based K420 Quadro it has in it now with up to 2GB of VRAM. Finally, it will start with 128 GB of DDR3 or DDR4 depending on the final motherboard chosen or that works and will max out at either 4 TB for the Intel Xeon Scalable build and 2TB for the AMD EPYC build. The build with the Lian-Li D8000 will start with 16 to 22 SSHD's and will max out with 16 to 22 mechanical 16 TB or higher hard drives.

If you insist I build a single processor build then my Lian-Li A71F is going to get upgraded to a Xeon W system and a second Lian-Li A71 will get used to build an AMD Ryzen ThreadripperWX build.

However, this thread got ruined with replies about all that other stuff instead of ansering my concerns about how TrueOS and FreeBSD handle ACPI compared to each other by never answering the question. Yes i've tried PCBSD though and got locked out by the USB authentication encyption flash drive that I couldn't find and I've tried FreeBSD that I had a heck of a time getting the desktop graphical user interface installed to, but got locked out of my root account either because I made a password authentication typo or it just wouldn't work.

I'm going to try FreeBSD and TrueOS in two seperate CRU mobile rack drive carriers in two separate CRU mobile racks in two separate Dell Precision T1700's though, but I don't know if I'll post the results though on this forum because I hate this forum now and all other forums because all I get are spam answers from users that either don't know what they are talking about or intentionally misleading answers, or trolls, or flammers or worse and nobody answers the question right especially on hard forum where all all the answers come from forum junkie's or idiot gamers or idiot know it all IT professionals who just insult me or give stupid replies acting like they know it all. Sometimes, I even get banned for the stupidest reasons too either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back