Help with build O11 XL + Z690 Strix E

shadow2761

Limp Gawd
Has anyone else got this same setup?
Z690 STRIX E
Lian Li O11 XL dynamic
EK 360 ELITE AIO

Hit a road a block on my new build.
I am trying to install a EK Elite AIO 360 in a push/pull config on the rad as a top mount on the O11 XL dynamic case. But I cannot fit the LianLI UNI120 fans on the bottom of the rad, because there is not enough clearance between the Z690 STRIX-E motherboard heatsink and the EK360 rad at the top. Please check pic.

Has anyone managed to install this push/pull setup at the top with this exact same hardware, or do I have no choice but to use only 1 set of fans in a push or pull cpnfig, or move the rad to the side mounting position on the O11 XL Dynamic case if I insist on push/pull?

20211226-005608.jpg

I don't have your setup but you don't seem to have a choice but to side mount the radiator. You at least have that option without having to get a new case.

Are there any lower profile 120mm fans that I could place uptop to obtain the clearance needed?

I only need maybe 1-2mm more clearance, it almost fits in as is.

EDIT:
OK just found slim 120mm fans, all good. Will need these. Now just gotta check out some reviews if they are anygood.

Last edited:
Push pull really doesn’t net much gain. There are plenty of tests showing this. Using mid matched fans on a push pull setup would almost certainly not have any advantage.

Mount it on the side if you are convinced you need push pull.

There is no need to use a push/pull setup on an AIO radiator. They just aren't thick enough to benefit from it. I've tried it many times over the years, pretty much using it exclusively until I had heard it didn't matter. Sure enough, I tested it and found no benefit to doing it.

There is no need to use a push/pull setup on an AIO radiator. They just aren't thick enough to benefit from it. I've tried it many times over the years, pretty much using it exclusively until I had heard it didn't matter. Sure enough, I tested it and found no benefit to doing it.
This 1000x. Listen to this experienced man.

Ok fair enough then.

I guess i will just go with one set of the lian li uni120 (3x) exhausting the EK ELITE AIO at top mount.

Back