Help with bios

Pivo504

2[H]4U
So I do not think I've ever updated bios since I got this motherboard which is the MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk. Should I update bios will it make any difference and is it safe?
Also I tried looking at drivers to download but i don't see an option for my motherboard I only see a mag X570S Tomahawk MAX Wifi!?

Last edited:
Some BIOS updates fixed issues such as USB disconnect problems, and one of the more recent ones lists "Windows 11 support". If you aren't having any problems, you might as well leave it alone, especially if you are unsure about doing the update.

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/MAG-X570-TOMAHAWK-WIFI/Overview

Is it that board? That's the non-X570S version.

As for updating the bios, it really depends on how old your current one is. If you've never updated it, and have had it for a while, you probably should update it to get on a newer AGESA. It's pretty much as simple as going to the support page, going to the bios files, downloading the most recent one, extracting the bios file off of it, loading it onto a USB stick, booting into your bios, and using the onboard flash program to load it. Then just re-entering your settings or whatever. Takes like 5 minutes.

1676648947781.png

Here is a copy of my bios info. Which is best and most stable to get? Also I don't have a USB stick but I have a USB reader that I can insert an SD card on? What file format does the the SD card need to be

49oltz.jpg

if youre on the og bios id update. just make sure that if youre on a first gen that they havent been kicked out of the updates.
make a "bios" folder in your c:. you should be able to browse to it from the bios update section.

I mean, I would update it. The bios you have on there is basically the release bios for 5XXX series. You'd gain more flexibility with CPUs if you wanted to upgrade later and probably more memory compatibility.

Here is a copy of my bios info. Which is best and most stable to get? Also I don't have a USB stick but I have a USB reader that I can insert an SD card on? What file format does the the SD card need to be

I would probably get the latest one, the 7C84v1B.

SD card should work with a reader. I generally just use FAT32 unless I'm storing very large files.

So the only reason to update is memory and copy compatibility? I'm not upgrading either anytime soon... So what's the point of updating bios then lol

So the only reason to update is memory and copy compatibility? I'm not upgrading either anytime soon... So what's the point of updating bios then lol
nope. ok. all sorts of other things, usually listed in the download section.

I posted screenshot in the MSI X570 thread, and your missing out on SAM support ( if you have 6000 series GPU ) and 5800X3d support, and numerous other fixes..
( if any of this matters to you)

I posted screenshot in the MSI X570 thread, and your missing out on SAM support ( if you have 6000 series GPU ) and 5800X3d support, and numerous other fixes..
( if any of this matters to you)
I don't have 6000 series GPU or a 5800X3d

I'm not sure what happened after my bios flash but now my pc will not wake up from sleep by clicking my mouse.. The only way to wake up the pc is by pressing the power button. I have no idea where this setting is bc it was always set to wake by mouse on my older bios..? Another thing I noticed is my pc seems to run hotter now with this bios.. I hardly ever hit 70 unless I was doing heavy duty gaming...?! This is why I hate updating things out just causes more issues

Last edited:
Back