Help with bat file,can only get 150 khash out of 5870

455olds

Gawd
I have a rig with a xfx 5870 xxx edition. I cannot get it to do any more than 157 khash without getting errors or crashing.
If I leave out thread concurrency I can only set intensity to 11 or I will get errors. If I set tread concurrency it will get 300 khash but will eventually crash after a day or so.

Running cgminer 3-7-2. This is one of my bat files that crashes. cgminer -o stratum+tcp://useast.wafflepool.com:3333 -u 1B56qD1mVdkJJApjRCdZdXdGz8WKUyDqwg -p d=128 -I 12 --scrypt -w 256 --thread-concurrency 5600

Does that look ok?

This is only bat file I can get to work. cgminer -o stratum+tcp://useast.wafflepool.com:3333 -u 1B56qD1mVdkJJApjRCdZdXdGz8WKUyDqwg -p d=512 -I 11 --scrypt

Tried reformatting,changing clock speeds,running latest driver and tried beta driver,tried a bunch of thread concurrences or adding shader count instead. I have same problem on middlecoin.

This is the rig I am running. Z77 Extreme6 ,i5 3570K,Antec NEO ECO 620C power supply and 16 gb ram.

Anything else I can try? Been messing with this rig off and on for months. I am at a dead end.

Having a hard time with cgminer 2.11.3 it won't run with the same bat file. It just launches and disappears. Do I need to setup a separate config or something? It doesnt launch the same as 3.7.2?
I also tried reaper v3 but looks like its not intended to work with a multipool? Maybe I should find a litecoin pool?

Thread concurrency 6400 might work better (1600 x 4). Intensity 18 if you can manage it would bring your hashrate to about 400.

I posted my 5870 configuration not long ago here somewhere...

Cgminer 3.7.2 or sgminer should work.

Thread concurrency 6400 might work better (1600 x 4). Intensity 18 if you can manage it would bring your hashrate to about 400.

I posted my 5870 configuration not long ago here somewhere...

Cgminer 3.7.2 or sgminer should work.

GUIminer didn't work out either. It started out fine but hash rate is only at 60kh now.
I couldn't find your 5870 config in your recent posts. I did see one for your 280 I think. If you have a chance to post it that would be cool. I would like to give it a try.
The site with the hardware comparison seams out of date.
I am also going to try sgminer.

Why not for the time being use the config that runs at 300kh and then set up a task/bat that restarts after every 12 or so hours.

Why not for the time being use the config that runs at 300kh and then set up a task/bat that restarts after every 12 or so hours.

Didn't know I could do that. I am going to keep at it and try to get it to work right for now. Will use the restart as a last resort.

Didn't know I could do that. I am going to keep at it and try to get it to work right for now. Will use the restart as a last resort.

And I should clarify that I don't mean a computer restart, just a restart of your cgminer instance.

Running SGminer 4.0.0 and this is the bat file.

sgminer -o stratum+tcp://useast.wafflepool.com:3333 -u 1B56qD1mVdkJJApjRCdZdXdGz8WKUyDqwg -p d=128 -I 13 --thread-concurrency 6400 -g 1

I hope it don't crash. No errors yet.

I don't understand what the "d=128" is for, but I have only used Cgminer 3.7.2.

If you give Cgminer 3.7.2 a shot you should try: -I 18 -g 1 -w 256 --thread-concurrency 8192

That's pretty basic and works fairly well on most cards
If you get any hardware errors, HW not = 0, then drop to -I 16
If that works well for a while bump it up to 17

I don't understand what the "d=128" is for, but I have only used Cgminer 3.7.2.

If you give Cgminer 3.7.2 a shot you should try: -I 18 -g 1 -w 256 --thread-concurrency 8192

That's pretty basic and works fairly well on most cards
If you get any hardware errors, HW not = 0, then drop to -I 16
If that works well for a while bump it up to 17

It's for wafflepool to set difficulty however, their site is now fixed at 512 iirc.

OP, which driver set?

When i had a couple of 5850s a while back i remember they really liked the 12.6 driver pack.

OP, which driver set?

When i had a couple of 5850s a while back i remember they really liked the 12.6 driver pack.

I found something wrong. I am hoping drivers where my problem. Even though I installed the latest ccc the driver didn't install with it for some reason. When I checked in device manager there was a old date on the driver. I updated and it seams ok now. Its been running at 335 khash overnight with no errors.

It locked up on me. I had to force restart. Couldn't even start task manager. I am going to try the 12.6 drivers.
The card can run furmark no problem. Not sure what is going on here..

Tried the 12.6 drivers sgminer or cgminer won't launch. Back where I started. The card won't run anything over intensity 11 or it will get errors.(about 150khash) If I add tread concurrency it will run higher than -I11 but crash within a few hrs or less.

Just to update. I did get it to work. After messing with drivers and updating sdk and net framework I got card to work without errors but still screen flicker,crashing and screen freezing. When screen freeze would happen I had to hard reboot. It would totally lock up.

I down clocked gpu to 750 and memory to 1150. That solved the crashing. I am now hashing at 300 khash where at higher(stock) clocks it would not hash any higher than 150 khash for any period of time. It seamed fine even at 350 khash (with lower clocks) but I lowered intensity to quiet fan down.

I think the card is overheating due to poor case ventilation. I have corsair 200r case with 4 case fans. 2 120mm fans in side panel blowing right at it. The fans are supposed to be 44 cfm but they feel like they hardly move any air. Going to look into some better fans.

Great cards. I've got more 5870's than i can count these days and none of them mine below 420KH/s. A lot less headache and money than babysitting high end 700+ kh/s cards

You shouldn't have a problem at all using the following setup

install CCC 12.8 (do custom install, don't let it install the sdk)
install amd app sdk 2.7
cgminer 3.7.2

bat file for 5870's

Code:
timeout /t 30
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
cgminer --scrypt  -o stratum+tcp://yourpool.com:3335 -u workername.1 -p password -g 1 -w 256 -I 18 --auto-fan --thread-concurrency 8000 --gpu-engine 920 --gpu-memclock 1220

If throttling/high temps, remove housing, you'll find the reference cards have a duct that can get clogged with lint, blow it out. wipe off all thermal paste on top of chip and on heatsink, apply new paste, put card back together. as good as new and back to 420+ kh/s

Great cards. I've got more 5870's than i can count these days and none of them mine below 420KH/s. A lot less headache and money than babysitting high end 700+ kh/s cards

You shouldn't have a problem at all using the following setup

install CCC 12.8 (do custom install, don't let it install the sdk)
install amd app sdk 2.7
cgminer 3.7.2

bat file for 5870's

Code:
timeout /t 30
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
cgminer --scrypt  -o stratum+tcp://yourpool.com:3335 -u workername.1 -p password -g 1 -w 256 -I 18 --auto-fan --thread-concurrency 8000 --gpu-engine 920 --gpu-memclock 1220

If throttling/high temps, remove housing, you'll find the reference cards have a duct that can get clogged with lint, blow it out. wipe off all thermal paste on top of chip and on heatsink, apply new paste, put card back together. as good as new and back to 420+ kh/s

Thanks for sharing bat file. I think your right about dust getting traded in there.

Back