help with att - is this accurate or are there better deals?

oROEchimaru

Supreme [H]ardness
I work for a hospital. Long story short att did a mandatory update last summer, if you wipe your phone it forces the mandatory update throughout the day/night which can lead you to miss important calls or pages (touchdown email pages).

Last week the rep says she will move my device contract renewal date up from 9/21 to 9/1. It never happened. When doing this she helped me sign up from 1gb shared for two smart phones at $140 down to 2gb shared for 90$ great!

I continue to miss pages, I call to complain to get it ordered early. I would like the s5 for important battery features and other reasons. I can get it for 99$ recertified or 199$ new. However the lady on the phone last week says thats it and 90$/mo plan I thought great!

The lady today says she was wrong and that there is a 15$ device charge for each device you upgrade monthly for two years. So my 99$ or 199$ is really 400$ or 500$. Basically the bill would go from $90 to $105, then when my wife upgrades $120.

Is this normal (decent deal) or do I need to look elsewhere? verizon and us cellular look to charge 90$x2=180$ so its not the worst.

I believe all of the shared plans are non-contract and do not include renewals with subsidies on new phones.
I moved to the shared plan to drop my bill $50/mo.
I just had to buy my phone outright.
Unless you pay the extra $25/mo (per device?) for their NEXT program, or whatever it's called.

The next program puts you under a 2 yr contract for next 18 but just on the phone. I just updated my cell phone plan for my family and dropped my bill by $40 dollars and switched my phone to a smart phone. I ended up just purchasing the Samsung Galaxy 5 Active outright. I was paying $155 dollars on the old plan for 500 min with rollover, unlimited text, and 600 mb on each of my daughters iPhone 4S. But their phones were no longer under contract and going with the 2G share plan while changing my phone from a flip phone to a smart phone is only costing me $115 a month.

I work for a hospital. Long story short att did a mandatory update last summer, if you wipe your phone it forces the mandatory update throughout the day/night which can lead you to miss important calls or pages (touchdown email pages).

Last week the rep says she will move my device contract renewal date up from 9/21 to 9/1. It never happened. When doing this she helped me sign up from 1gb shared for two smart phones at $140 down to 2gb shared for 90$ great!

I continue to miss pages, I call to complain to get it ordered early. I would like the s5 for important battery features and other reasons. I can get it for 99$ recertified or 199$ new. However the lady on the phone last week says thats it and 90$/mo plan I thought great!

The lady today says she was wrong and that there is a 15$ device charge for each device you upgrade monthly for two years. So my 99$ or 199$ is really 400$ or 500$. Basically the bill would go from $90 to $105, then when my wife upgrades $120.

Is this normal (decent deal) or do I need to look elsewhere? verizon and us cellular look to charge 90$x2=180$ so its not the worst.

Not uncommon to hear about this sort of poor customer support from AT&T. Consider T-Mo? Depending where you are, their network can be rock solid and they seem to at least keep some form of customer service.

Thanks guys. I kept telling her I don't want next I want the 99 $ phone 1 month early for oncall needs. I kept asking for 15 $mo what service am I getting if I'm buying the phone? I said this 20x they couldn't get me an answer. Their manager was supposed to call me this week they never did or follow up on my case.

man u are getting bent over, literally

for me and my wife on T-Mobile it is $80 a month for unlimited talk and text + 2GB data each line. Since I work nights I shell out $20 for unlimited data on my line. total bill is $109. No contract either. in a month or so I am adding my parents to my plan and it will be 4 lines 2GB data each for $100 unlimited talk and text. This will work out to about $112 a moth after fees and whatnot for the 4 lines +$20 for my data.

What upsets me is I have reached support 4 times, get four we will help you answers and nothing changes.

Is it normal though after your 2 year device contract is up... you see their deals for the recertified android for 99$ or new for 199$ then they tell you "15$ a mo charge for 2 years"?

I keep telling them I DONT WANT TO UPGRADE EARLY ON THE NEXT PROGRAM!!!!

I think you are misunderstanding what they are telling you. Normally there is a $40 a month charge per phone to have it on a shared plan. If you go with the Next program, they are dropping it down to $15 per month per phone. I asked them if I could get the Next price per month per phone even if I bought outright. Because once you add the $15 dollars plus $20 - $30 for monthly phone payment, you are back to the $40 per phone that you pay for a 2 yr contract.

$224.95 with all taxes, fees and corporate discount (17%).

AT&T mobile value share plan.

10gb data, unlimited talk and text.

1 x OnePlus One
2 x Galaxy S4
3 x iPhone 4s
1 x basic phone

All phones purchased outright so $25/phone credit off the $40/ MO charge.

so if i pay 99$ for the phone, and they charge 15$ extra for 2 years this is normal or is this telling me i need to move on?

thank you again for clarifying.

I do not want to enroll in next, the 99$ phone is not a part of the next program. it would be available after September when my 2 yo device contract is over (which i'm not paying per device for now due to new lower share rates)

There is not a plan out there that you don't pay a base price for each phone you have on the plan.

Back