Help with a college connection.

elcamino

n00b
My t3 internet connection at school is only allowing a few programs to function, so i talked to the IT guy and asked him if it was possible to unblock the ports. He said the ports are unblocked, its just the firewall or whatever that does not allow the programs to run. I need 2 essential programs, codmp.exe (Call of Duty multiplayer) and ventrilo.exe (ventrilo voice communication program) in order to continue my beloved hobby. I was wondering if any of you know how to bypass the program blocks, or if not give me some ideas of what i should say to the IT people to let me use them.

Why does no one read the rules?

Discussion of getting around blocks is not allowed here, and futher, is quite a bit juvenile.

As to how to get your IT guy to bend on this: Talk to him, explain what you want. If he doesn't want that going through his network, then you are out of luck.

I dont believe im being juvenille, nor is my pursuit of trying to get around a ridiculous firewall. It this isnt the place to discuss this matter, then can you at least tell me somewhere i can?

elcamino

just a few things to keep in mind, that by bypassing your school firewall/networking rules you could get expelled, so dont do it.

Unfortunately your IT person holds all the cards, so it's best to just ask what the best way to get your game up and running is. If he refuses you could try talking to someone else in the IT department, but don't try doing anything behind their backs... they will probably eventually detect it and you could loose privileges, or worse.

Back