Help! Wiring a Lian Li power switch (6 pin)??

investinwaffles

Limp Gawd
So while disasembling my case I accidentally broke the leads to my power switch. Both cables came off. Where should I solder them back on?? Also, blue is hot, white is ground right?

IMAG0029.jpg

If you have a multimeter, any two pins that make 0 ohms resistance when button is pressed and lots (open loop) when not pressed will do, it does not matter which goes on which side. You will have four pins on the switch that are not connected to anything.

Damn, i dont have a multimeter. I have to go to radioshack today so Ill just pick a cheap one up :(

EDIT:
Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it!!!

If you look closely you will probably see a bit of old solder or wire from whichever terminal the wire broke away from.

To the OP, in case you didn't make it to radio shack today; Harbor Freight usually has a cheapie DMM for around $2-$5. It will likely win no accuracy awards but is great to have around for those times when you need ot know is it 10 ohms or 100 ohms or things like that.

Additionally, it is so cheap that if you blow it up testing a circuit you aren't out much.

So the cheapest millimeter was $20 so I decided to pass on it.
I there is one point with solder on it but the other ones all soothe same.

Is there any risk of shooting something out if I do a little trial and error? I know for sure where the blue cable goes (power?) But I would be testing with the ground wire

If the switch is just hooked up to the header on the motherboard, then there's no danger. After all, a short circuit is exactly what a switch is supposed to do.

Yeah, all the switch does is short the 2 pins on the motherboard together. Same with the reset switch. I just made a header for a case I'm building.

You can start a computer with a screwdriver if you want to, haha.

investinwaffales, check my post above for a cheapie DMM. Of course it is dependent on you having a Harbor Freight TOols nearby. That being said $3-5 is $3-5 versus $20.

Back