[Help] Windows 10, no audio - SPDIF

Etherton

Will Bang for Poof
A few days ago my computer lost audio. I have tried everything to get it back but I can not figure this one out. The audio is ran through an optical out on my motherboard. I have a pair of JBL monitors that have noise when connected via a mini jack (or whatever its called). Even my headphones have quit working though. The SPIDF playback source is completely missing in the screenshot below.

Reformatted Win10 - needed it anyway.
Checked cables.
Tried different cables.
Unplugged the JBLs and reconnected.
Updated any and all drivers.

What am I missing? Any ideas here? Thanks!

Capture.JPG

Yes, it's the computer in my signature. Will give those a try. Thanks!

edit: not sure how to install those... :oops:

Device Manager:

Capture.JPG

download them, extract them then go to that unknown usb device and tell it to update with those drivers.
edit: maybe try removing that usb and searching for devices. see if it comes back on its own. that's the prob.

download them, extract them then go to that unknown usb device and tell it to update with those drivers.

That is the Corsair Link for my PSU. It shouldn't be causing this should it? I haven't got that reinstalled since the reformat.

both? try unplugging that. see what happens. I was thinking it was the one under the usb section as the audio is usb based, if I understand it/c-media info page correctly. did you double check in the bios? also click view and show hidden, makes sure its not hiding.

Forgot the Bios, checking that now. Here is what was hidden.

Capture.JPG

The BIOS! There was one and only one audio related switch in the BIOS. It was disabled. After I turned it back on everything showed up again in my playback choices. Not sure how it was ever disabled. :banghead:

Capture.JPG

Thank you!

Back