help what are all these lenovo laptop partitions?

Hey i was looking to reformat my Y70 Touch laptop with a USB install media i created of win 8.1. When i booted to install media expecting 1 maybe 2 partions there are 7! It is a single sshd hybrid drive. Can I delete all these and just put one partition on there?

crap now I think I just read that i would need to use OEM install media instead. Has anyone done this before that could please help?

28thyiw.jpg

fayfc0.jpg

If you want a way to revert back to Lenovo factory image then do a 'create a recovery drive' from charms search before proceeding. Otherwise, if you overwrite all those partitions you'll need to buy restore DVDs from Lenovo.

Or, play it safe and just format Windows partition 5 when you do a clean install.

I've dealt with this before.

If you never care to revert to the factory image you can safely delete all of those partition and then let windows partition the drive during the install.

Considering you're probably trying to escape the bloatware I'd just blow away all the partition and install to the newly-blank drive.

The SSHD / hybrid feature should not impact the partitions, etc on the drive -- it should be completely transparent to you.

You may want to extract your win 8 license key from the drive before blowing it away.

ah thank you so much all of you. i think the key was in the bios somehow from beforehand research. i just booted to usb key, deleted every partition, clicked new, hit enter, and this thing is as fast as my desktop now and it didnt even ask for a windows license key

I've dealt with this before.

If you never care to revert to the factory image you can safely delete all of those partition and then let windows partition the drive during the install.

Considering you're probably trying to escape the bloatware I'd just blow away all the partition and install to the newly-blank drive.

The SSHD / hybrid feature should not impact the partitions, etc on the drive -- it should be completely transparent to you.

You may want to extract your win 8 license key from the drive before blowing it away.

The license in newer pc is in the bios.

Back