Help: Vista SP1 RC1 screwed due to BIOS date change

ymee

Weaksauce
Hi Guys,

I have Vista Ultimate 32bit and recently installed SP1 RC1. A few days ago I installed a hard drive and had to reset my BIOS to get things to run. On reboot I set the date to Jan 6 2007 instead of 8 and booted to the windows desktop. I realized the error when Kaspersky warned me of the problem and so I rebooted and fixed the problem.

Well since then I noticed that the watermark on the bottom right of the screen which told me I was running an evaluation copy of vista rc1 is gone and I cant open my control panel or windows update etc. It's almost like rc1 has expired, although it does not explicitly say that.

Does anyone know how to fix this, I realy dont want to have to reinstall the OS. I was hoping to be able to remove SP1 from the add remove programs CP but I cant get it to open either.

Help.

and if that doesn't work have you tried setting your date back and then uninstall sp1?

The evaluation notice only appeared on my laptop running SP1 RC1 - it never appeared on my desktop. There's probably some other variable that is preventing it from displaying correctly -

Back