Help troubleshooting issues with Lenovo Ideapad 100

dr.stevil

[H]F Junkie
I was given a “broken” ideapad by a coworker a while back and I’m just trying to get it up and running.

When I turn it on, the power LED glows along with the front facing camera LED, and the CPU fan starts to spin for around a second or two and shuts itself back down. The screen never lights up. This is only when plugged into AC power as it seems like the battery is dead and won’t charge (charge LED doesn’t light up).

I opened the machine up and tried reseating the RAM which didn’t change anything and so I unhooked the battery and attempted starting it again on AC power. I get the same as described above.

Since the charge LED won’t light up, it got me wondering if the AC power cable could be to blame? It’s definitely not the one that came with the laptop, but I would of assumed if that were the case, it wouldn’t power it at all, which isn’t the case. Anyone ever see anything like this before or have experience with these laptops? Any ideas of things to try?

Unfortunately the person who gave it to me didn’t really give me much to go on, so starting with the basics.

Last edited:
Back