HELP!!! Strange Xbox Live issue!

JohnnyNapalm

[H]ard|Gawd
Whenever I load up a game (doesn't matter what game), and go to the online matchmaking screen, I am unable to view games (COD4), retrieve updates (Madden 08), or find matches (Halo 3). I have to sign out of my profile, and back in, and then the problem is fixed. This is a MAJOR pain to have to do every time I want to play online.

I'm running the Xbox wired through a D-Link wireless router. I've tried both static and dynamic IP addresses, put the Xbox in the DMZ, and no luck. NAT tests come back fine every time.

For example: I'll start the console, and browse new demos in the marketplace. It will let me browse and download just fine. Then I'll fire up Halo 3, and my profile will be detected with proper rank, exp, etc...but when I start the matchmaking, I will get a "Information can not be retrieved from Xbox Live" message. I hit the guide button, hit X to log out, log back in immediately, restart matchmaking, and it finds matches immediately.

Every game exhibits this behavior.

Any thoughts? This is driving me insane.

when did this start happening? did you purchase a new xbox and transfer your data over? maybe just a new hd or transfer your profile from one mem card to another?

the reason i ask is i sold my xbox and moved everything to a new xbox and had the same issue. i was lucky and a update was released and fixed the issue but i was ready to contact ms about it.

i would call them and see what they can do for you.

i bought a used xbox, and did a name change on the existing profile. it did it even before the name change, however.

Yeah, my transfer kit left my elite doing the same thing over the weekend. It just keeps dropping and disconnecting me all weekend. I finally had to pull a "restore to factory settings" on my router to fix everything.
I think that transfer kit or even moving one account from one machine to another causes some odd issues.

did you power cycle the router after setting the port forwarding/dmz ?

What if you connect the xbox directly to the modem? (This may require you to MAC clone your xbox with the router's MAC or unplug your cable modem for several minutes so it can assign a new host ip)

i had the same problem and it ended up having something to do with my router settings.....i got it sorted out by calling 4myxbox hotline.

i updated the firmware to the microsoft recommended version...seems to have smoothed things out a little bit.

I had the same router and I ended up having to buy a Lynkys. But the Dlink was also bugging out my PC's connection in games as well.

Back