HELP!!! stop error D1,what to do!!?!?

WillowHawk

Gawd
God damn it!, see, before i was getting a stop error 7B, which i easily fixed using the recovery console and the Bootfix command...now me gots a worser probems....spontaneous computer reboots...now, i didnt know what to do at first, but then i got smart. i wanted to figure out what might be causing the problem, so i tried 2 things. first i knew that some services sometimes quit and theres a setting that would automatically restart the computer, things like the RCP (remote call procedure) and crap like that. so i went into run>services.msc and opened every service that was running and set it to either resart the service or do nothing...some of the services didnt give me that option, but i didnt think that they could do that much anyway. didnt help...in my "desperation" i formatted without a second thought, thinkint hat the problem went away. and i'm not sure but i think it did for a while, i hadnt been at my computer for longer durations so i couldnt be absolutely sure. but then it started again. but this time i was pissed. went to start>controlpanel>system>advanced>Startup and recovery> settings, and i deselected automatically reboot. so instead of rebooting, it would give me a stop error. and low and behold i get stop errors. 0x00000D1 i think it is (forgive my zeros). "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" or some Bullshit like that. i didnt know what irql was at the time, but then i later learned that it was an interrupt request level, some cpu process order crap. i was told that to look out for any new hardware, or suspicitus or unsigned antivirus updates or device drivers because its trying to access and invalid memory addy or somthing.(doesnt make that much sense either). after some virus hits a while ago , i tend to download all new drivers each time i reinstall my os, it better performance-wise for my vid card and stuff like that., anyway, int he same control panel location that i set itnot to automatically reboot, i set it to give me a full memory dump next time i got a stop error, and i would later download the microsoft debuging kit to look a the MEMORY.DMP that came out of it. some crap about D1, and some ntoskrnl.exe error(NT operating system kernel- the thing that allows windowssoftware to touch hardware......me thinks).....i dont know what else to do....this has been happening before the full format, and now after...and no, i dont have any viruses...i'm thinking about just selling what i got (p4 2.4 oced to 2.89, P4C800 Dlux) and just going over to the AMD 64 camp, but i dont want to do that unless i have a DAMN GOOD REASON TO... :mad:

SO. my reboots happen around 25-60 mins appart, and yes, i already checked ram, and temp isnt a problem, as i gots lots of fans, and i get error D1........any tips????

:(

First I'll try to help, then I'll tease you a little.

First, try running at stock speeds. If that doesn't help, try swapping the harddrive. This sounds like a hardware problem.

Second

Wow, that was a difficult read :). Carriage returns and capitol letters are your friends.

Back