HELP: Splinter Cell

GTP_driver

2[H]4U
I can seem to get to the 5th floor to kill the russians. Game keeps on crashing on the transistion after i hit the elevator button. Help

I tried switching out my graphics card (9600 pro and gf4ti4600 w/catalyst 4.2 and latest nvidia driver). Changed the graphics settings to the lowest. But i can't get it to work

..umm ..if you installed using your ...*cough* .."back-up" copy ..uh .. try using the originals and reinstall game saving your saves.

if you used only original disc's to install game ..still try re-installing

that has cured hiccups with games of mine in the past.

Originally posted by ThreeDee
..umm ..if you installed using your ...*cough* .."back-up" copy ..uh .. try using the originals and reinstall game saving your saves.

if you used only original disc's to install game ..still try re-installing

that has cured hiccups with games of mine in the past.
i installed using original

is it just a clean boot to desktop ?..or does it blue screen or something like that?

could try reinstalling directX as well .

this only game youre having trouble with?

make sure your runnen a clean install of whatever vidcard your using ..use drive cleaner or equivalent to clean out old nvidia or ati files.

if overclocking ..try default settings

if running virus scanning software , try disabling it and any othe programs you might have running in background.

just throwing stuff out there ....hope ya can get it figured out

It keeps on saying general protectino fault and errors out of the game.
No matter what sort of changes i make result is the same
is it just a clean boot to desktop ?..or does it blue screen or something like that?

could try reinstalling directX as well .

this only game youre having trouble with?

make sure your runnen a clean install of whatever vidcard your using ..use drive cleaner or equivalent to clean out old nvidia or ati files.

if overclocking ..try default settings

if running virus scanning software , try disabling it and any othe programs you might have running in background.

just throwing stuff out there ....hope ya can get it figured out

Version i have is the one that comes bundled with audigy gamer. When i run the patch, it tells me that it's unable to retrieve the version number

It also says in the readme that i don't have to install any patches

Originally posted by GTP_driver
Version i have is the one that comes bundled with audigy gamer. When i run the patch, it tells me that it's unable to retrieve the version number

It also says in the readme that i don't have to install any patches

I have the same version the one that came with the audigy gamer.
I get that exact same error whn I try and install the patch. I get that general exception fault when I push to go up in the elevator on the Karnatek building or whatever it's called.
Maybe we can get these games replaced I thawt about writing Creative to see if they will do something about it...

Originally posted by rkatapt
I have the same version the one that came with the audigy gamer.
I get that exact same error whn I try and install the patch. I get that general exception fault when I push to go up in the elevator on the Karnatek building or whatever it's called.
Maybe we can get these games replaced I thawt about writing Creative to see if they will do something about it...

grrrrr:mad:

any of your friends have the game (non bundled version) that you could borrow and reinstall ?

any of your friends have the game (non bundled version) that you could borrow and reinstall ?
no one i can think of seeing how i'm the only one that plays computer games.

I installed one of those bundled games once and, it kept crashing. That was years ago and, I havent installed one since.

Ok I wrote UBI Soft "Maybe" they will be of some help. Everyone in there tech support forum kept telling me to just buy an Xbox and get the game, yeah go figure......shows how intelligent they are in that forum.................

Alright so I emailed ubisoft's tech support here is there response......

The bundled version of Splinter Cell is already patched to v1.2. We have created a patch specifically for the bundled version of Splinter Cell to fix this problem (that has not been released to the public). Download and install the v1.3 patch from http://test.support.ubi.com/sc_fix_1_3.exe. Hopefully, this will resolve the problem.

Well I downloaded that patch and I still get errors on install. So a response has been sent back to Ubi....

Back