Help setting up games to work with Eyefinity

Frraksurred

2[H]4U
Ok, I am the proud owner of an XFX 5870 XXX for my three XHD3000's (I'll be after a second soon, now that crossfire is enabled). However, it seems just about everything outside of Source engine games wants to stretch the center screen across all three instead of fixing the FOV. I've been through Kyle's video and set everything up as far as I know, but I've seen videos of Dirt 2, Crysis, MW2, etc all working at resolutions of 7680x1600 or 4800x1200 with proper FOV and aspect.

Do I need to edit the FOV manually via config files or what is involved in getting these games looking normal? Win7 64, 9.12 drivers with hotfix, 3.2Ghz C2D, 4 Gb DDR2, uninstalled all the old Nvidia drivers before installing. Thanks in advance for the help.

Nice setup.

The side screens will look stretched, but they will still be showing extra stuff. I don't think any FOV tweaking is needed.

A screenshot of one of the games you think looks wrong would be great, though :)

i am also curious about this. is it going to be something where we just have to wait for games to release eyefinity patches like Dragon age 2?

Thanks for the replies. You're right, images would help (warning: clicking gets you 7680x1600):

MW2 SP

MW2 MP

Rainbow Six Vegas 2

As you can see, rather then adding two additional screens of FOV, it is stretching one screen's FOV over all three. I expected this in menus, but not in games I've seen working in video. Speaking of which:

Dirt 2, FO3, Mass Effect, NFS: PRo Street, Crysis and Crysis Warhead (for examples) all crash. Granted this is likely because my C2D is going "What are you freakin' KIDDING ME!?!" at the resolution, but then why is MW2 relatively smooth? I've tried reducing the res, but the ATI control panel only offers 4800x1600 and 2400x800 as optional resolutions while using a 3by1 Eyefinity group. I have yet to research creating a custom res such as 5760 x 1200.

Anyway, I welcome any assistance; this is naturally frustrating. Thanks again.

--

You might check out WSGF for tips.

Awesome website and forums! And yes, I have been browsing there the last several days. Unfortunately I haven't found much for answers and the site gives me an error every time I try to log-in. Evidently they had to switch servers since I first registered, so now I'm waiting for word back from an Admin. Thanks for the link nonetheless.

Awesome! I am still a huge BF2 fan, so I was glad to see that make the list. Thanks for the tip.

Still curious why so many seem to have these games working out of the box while mine remains belligerent.

EDIT
: Well, not so awesome. That does not seem to be working either. I don't know if it is because my games are not installed in "default" locations, or if I need to reboot for things to change, but the widescreen fixer had absolutely no effect (so far) after installing it, running it, saving a hotkey and setting it up for each game. It was a nice thought though. :(

Last edited:
Awesome! I am still a huge BF2 fan, so I was glad to see that make the list. Thanks for the tip.

Still curious why so many seem to have these games working out of the box while mine remains belligerent.

EDIT
: Well, not so awesome. That does not seem to be working either. I don't know if it is because my games are not installed in "default" locations, or if I need to reboot for things to change, but the widescreen fixer had absolutely no effect (so far) after installing it, running it, saving a hotkey and setting it up for each game. It was a nice thought though. :(

You're on the right track,look a little deeper

RB62 Vegas fix thread :
http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=16734

and Modern Warfare 2

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=17304

you need the widescreen fixer with MW2 ,just make sure you follow the instructions(i.e. load game>load widescreen fixer> choose game and ratio from drop down menu in ws fixer>hit semi colon key)

hope that helps and happy gaming :)

<edit>
P.S. here's a thread on how to create custom resolutions:

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=17635

I do thank you for your efforts, unfortunately MW2 is still not working. I have his latest fixer (1.66) and have followed the instructions to a tee, plus tried a variety of ideas, but to no avail so far. I will try out Vegas, though the punkbuster problem kind of kills it for me.

Regardless, I do appreciate your help. Sooner or later we've got to get this figured out.

Ok, sorry for the double post but I think we at least have MW2 working. I'm not sure what I did, but Dope Fish's (from WSG Forums) Widescreen Fixer did the trick.

I'm still working on the others. Thanks Kinesis for the links!

The drawers on your desk are slightly misaligned and I envy your electronics. That is all, good luck fixing your games to work with Eyefinity.

The drawers on your desk are slightly misaligned and I envy your electronics. That is all, good luck fixing your games to work with Eyefinity.

Thank you, and yes they are, lol. The top drawer is missing a screw, so it sags. It is one of those proprietary screws that tends to come with furniture, so I've not been able to find a replacement. Plus, all the weight in the middle of my desk makes it bow ever so slightly, this adds to the problem. The desk is on it's way out, but I'm waiting until I get a house bought so I know what kind of dimensions I'll have to work with before getting a new one. That is proving to be a slower task then I'd like, but hopefully before the tax credit ends. :p

--

Ontopic, thanks to Kinesis' link I was also able to get R6V2 working:

I love the fact the HUD is still proportionate.

--

I'd love to turn this thread into a master list for configs and apps that help Eyefinity work in games, keep 'em coming. Still have not gotten Crysis, Crysis Warhead, Far Cry, FO3, Mass Effect or numerous other games to work. If you know of a fix, post it for the benefit of others. Thanks all.

Back