!HELP! Serious Vista install problem with p5wdh

FlimFlam

Limp Gawd
Here are my systems specs.

p5w dh
e6600
Corsair xms2 pc8500
evga 8800 GTX
Audigy 2zs (don't want to deal with xfi problems)
Netcell RAID card
Pioneer dvr-109bk
Liteon DVD-r/w
RaptorX 150
3 x 74 gb Raptors
400GB Seagate
500GB Seagte
Enermax 620W Liberty

So I have tried since Monday, and spent about 12 hours on this so far.

The main issue is that I get a hang up asking for cd/dvd drivers, but nothing works so far.

p5w BIOS is at 1707
Every stinking driver from Intel (ich7r, matrix Storage, etc) and Asus (JMicron, etc) is installed to the root of my USB drive to browse

So this is what happens. Vista Ultimate (OEM) takes about 30 minutes to get to the "Please Wait," then it takes about 30 minutes to get to "Install Now," and then it takes about 20 minutes to get to the error.

I updated the firmware in opticals. I have tried 4 different optical drives. Changed the IDE cable. That was on the assumption that the error message is correct. I am thinking it is for a raid driver that Vista is looking for. So I have made Intel 975X cs disks, and all p5w dh Vista drivers avaiable on my USB drive.

But Vista hangs when the browse pop up comes out. It looks at the drivers and says that none of them are good. I have tried installing every Vista driver I know for this board. Also I uncheck hide unsigned drivers.

Also, I have done several BIOS changes. Took away the OC, disabled, JMicron, etc Almost makes me feel like I am installing an old DFi nf4 LP SLI board that was so good but so quirky.

So I am at a loss and about to just use my two Macs, and toss this machine out the window. Pick it up if you want the parts. I think that I have mentioned everything I have done.

Geez can anyone help, and give me a fresh insight that is free from anger and grief. It is messing with my thought process.

why not un-plug some of those harddrives and the extra CD/DVD Rom ? I find that with only 1 harddrive and 1 CD/DVD Rom that windows installs lots easier.

I am trying to install on ONLY 1 HD and 1 IDE drive. That is it. All unecessary stuff is disconnected including removal of my RAID card.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Back