Help-Review: Ergonomic Gaming Keyboard for your Lap / chair FIX - Switch to Corsair K63 Lapboard and back to Sculpt Keyboard

dpoverlord

[H]ard|Gawd
So I have an interesting predicament.

After years of computer usage, if I use anyting outside of an ergonomic keyboard for extended use, my pinkies, wrists and fingers ache.

During this pandemic I switched from a table setup to a lapboard setup with my mouse attached to my Steelcase Ergonomic chair.

Gaming wise the sculpt keyboard stayed on my lap and my mouse on the armrest worked well. However, I was not happy so after much research I chose:

The Corsair K63 Lapboard.
-CH-9515031-NA-Gallery-Lapboard-01.png
Wow!!! I loved this keyboard! These Cherry switched, the noise, it felt so good. The weight and how it weighed this lapboard down; even better. Gaming in Apex, COD, any FPS I could hit my shots even better due to the Mouse pad. I had tried the Razer Turret Lap setup, but frankly the Mousepad is so small, I cant help but think WTF (the cables are quite nice though).

The conundrum comes in week 2 of usage. Same usage issues, pain in the wrists, fingers, pinkies from that fun "shift" key are hurting from the "Run & Gunning"

So, I switched back to using the lapboard putting some books in the space where the keyboard went and putting the sculpt keyboard on top.

Problem solved and no pain.

I cant be the only other techie here with the same conundrum. The pinkies and fingers are what ache for me after 15 years of only ergonomics.

The only other option I can think of is
Sculpt vs other Ergonomic keyboard review

Switching to the KINESIS Gaming Freestyle Edge RGB Split Mechanical Keyboard. I feel though that the larger shift button on the microsoft keyboards REALLY helps.
81JMro63zNL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Anyone find a solution to this? I feel the sculpt has a bit of delay with the keys at times and I am not a professional gamer and have worked around the issues but it would be nice to at least up the anty after spending so much on my setup.

Love the input guys!

I know they make fully mechanical split keyboards, they're pretty costly if I remember.

https://ergodox-ez.com/pages/customize

That's the one I'm thinking of.

I know there are a few more if you go *deep* into the custom mechanical keyboard hole, but I expect them to be even more expensive.

Haven't used a split keyboard ever myself, or an ergonomic keyboard, so sadly I can't help you with the comfort thing. Never had an issue with a regular one myself.

Back