Help Request, Looking for a Good Coop Multiplayer Strategy Game

biggles

2[H]4U
Happy new year all. I am forming a small gamer group with some family members. We tried Startcraft 2 since it has good reviews and has coop for 2-4 players. However, we could not figure out how to play it as we have no experience with the SP mode. Also, I am on Windows and at least one other member of the group has a new Macbook. So this might restrict the game choices. We prefer strategy games. The group members are casual gamers, not hardcore.

Happy new year all. I am forming a small gamer group with some family members. We tried Startcraft 2 since it has good reviews and has coop for 2-4 players. However, we could not figure out how to play it as we have no experience with the SP mode. Also, I am on Windows and at least one other member of the group has a new Macbook. So this might restrict the game choices. We prefer strategy games. The group members are casual gamers, not hardcore.
I always loved Age of Empires 2. It's pretty easy to follow. You could all play wow as a family, it's pretty fun if you've never played before.

I always loved Age of Empires 2. It's pretty easy to follow. You could all play wow as a family, it's pretty fun if you've never played before.
Whats the fun of coop when ya can all duke it out in some aoe.

+1 tho this is more fun then coop

StarCraft 2's coop specific missions are only for 2 players. You can play the normal multiplayer 4v4 against the AI, and there are a bunch of "Arcade" mode games you can play cooperatively.

Do you mean RTS genre games, or just strategy games in general?

Sanctum 1 and 2 are really fun Tower Defense FPS games for coop for up to 4 players. I'm not sure they work natively on mac though.

Not sure if its on MAC, but Company of Heroes (the first one) is solid.
Another vote for Company of Heroes. Our gaming group keeps this in the rotation 15 years after it's release.

Last edited:
StarCraft 2's coop specific missions are only for 2 players. You can play the normal multiplayer 4v4 against the AI, and there are a bunch of "Arcade" mode games you can play cooperatively.

Do you mean RTS genre games, or just strategy games in general?

Sanctum 1 and 2 are really fun Tower Defense FPS games for coop for up to 4 players. I'm not sure they work natively on mac though.
Strategy games in general. Can be turn based or RTS. The original idea was to play Axis and Allies online, but I suggested finding something else with more modern graphics.

Total War Warhammer works on mac

Back