Help removing Nortan AV

rage4order

Gawd
I'm trying to uninstall Norton AV but keep getting the error message below. It's the corporate edition and I can't seem to find the disc I had burned it on. Is there any way of uninstalling without having to get the program again?

Here's the error:

error.jpg

You could try the rnav.exe from Symantec support downloads... version dependant.
Symantec support also has docs on doing a full registry/directory manual clean up.

Search for NoNav.exe - I use it all the time to get rid of NAV installs (even password protected corporate ones).

I tried deleting the folder, but I get essentially the same message, then this error message:

error2.jpg

When I decided to scrap Norton (for NOD + Kerio) it was a pain to uninstall.

I had the same problem as you.
I ended up stopping all the services releated to Norton and disabling them
Then a reboot then I was able to delete the folder's (there are quite a few dotted around the place).

Then quite a few reg-scans and reboots to ensure I was completely free from that virus, Err I mean program

eeyrjmr said:
When I decided to scrap Norton (for NOD + Kerio) it was a pain to uninstall.

I had the same problem as you.
I ended up stopping all the services releated to Norton and disabling them
Then a reboot then I was able to delete the folder's (there are quite a few dotted around the place).

Then quite a few reg-scans and reboots to ensure I was completely free from that virus, Err I mean program
How'd you know which registries to remove and which services to stop? I guess if I stop something I shouldn't, all my computer will do is reboot, huh?

rage4order said:
It's the corporate edition and I can't seem to find the disc I had burned it on.
I always thought that pirated software came with free tech support. :rolleyes:

SirKenin said:
I always thought that pirated software came with free tech support. :rolleyes:
wow, here's a novel idea: the computers at work actually have burners :eek: . We are allowed to use this software at home also. It's the Corporate edition. Thanks for your concern though.:rolleyes:
Anyway, I rebooted into safe mode and at least was able to delete the folders. Now I just need to delete the registry files. Not sure how to do that though :( .

rage4order said:
wow, here's a novel idea: the computers at work actually have burners :eek: . We are allowed to use this software at home also. It's the Corporate edition. Thanks for your concern though.:rolleyes:
Anyway, I rebooted into safe mode and at least was able to delete the folders. Now I just need to delete the registry files. Not sure how to do that though :( .
Uh. No you're not allowed to use it at home, or any other than the one computer it is licensed for, unless you're using it on a network buddy. Read the license agreement found on page 3 of the Norton Antivirus Corporate Edition User's Guide.

As for the registry entries. I would recommend RegScrubXP or Registry Mechanic. They take all the effort out of it.

SirKenin said:
Uh. No you're not allowed to use it at home, or any other than the one computer it is licensed for, unless you're using it on a network buddy. Read the license agreement found on page 3 of the Norton Antivirus Corporate Edition User's Guide.

As for the registry entries. I would recommend RegScrubXP or Registry Mechanic. They take all the effort out of it.
I'm in the military. I downloaded it off the military website. It specifically gave me instructions on what to do for home use.
And thanks for the recommendations :) .

rage4order said:
I'm in the military. I downloaded it off the military website. It specifically gave me instructions on what to do for home use.
And thanks for the recommendations :) .
I don't believe you, but I don't care what the military says. The license agreement supercedes the military. Don't play games with me. This one you can't win. You went into the office, by your admission, stole a copy, by your insinuation that the office has burners, and brought it home.

That does not say "downloaded it off the website to me", unless it was the intranet. And the military will NOT tell you to violate their license agreement.

Now, give it up.. And you're welcome.

Anyways, I think it's safe to say this thread is dead. You got the answers you needed. Get rid of it and find something better. I recommend Panda.

SirKenin said:
I don't believe you, but I don't care what the military says. The license agreement supercedes the military. Don't play games with me. This one you can't win. You went into the office, by your admission, stole a copy, by your insinuation that the office has burners, and brought it home.

That does not say "downloaded it off the website to me", unless it was the intranet. And the military will NOT tell you to violate their license agreement.

Now, give it up.. And you're welcome.
Well, you think what you want. I know what I did and didn't do. I didn't "sneak into the office". We have computers readily available. Yes, it was the intranet. And I never said I downloaded it off their website. Where I downloaded it from specifically gives directions on how to save and install for home use this and other software. Anyway, as you said, I got my answers and a load of other stuff I didn't really care about, but oh well.
Thanks again...

Back