Help! Refresh rate not supported - Dell U3011 and 980ti

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Apathy, Nov 8, 2015.

1. Apathy

Apathy Gawd

So windows boots up fine. It was stable for 12 hours doing regular stuff. I played day z standalone for 4 hours with no issues. Today I try playing ARK / World of Tanks / Battlefield Bad Company 2, and after a few minutes, the monitor goes into standby and says "The refresh rate is not supported by your monitor" and I can't do anything but restart. I try alt tabbing and alt f4 to close the game but nothing happens.

Im running a "high speed" hdmi cable until my display port cable arrives.

specs:
    i7 6700k
    evga 980ti
    16gb ram
    dell u3011
    850watt psu

Any ideas?

2. jvilla

jvilla n00b

what resolution and refresh do you have on that hdmi connection?

3. Apathy

Apathy Gawd

The resolution was 1920x1200 and the refresh rate was set to 59 with the option to set to 60 but it wouldn't save when I selected 60hz.

I have since switched the hdmi cable for an hdmi to dvi and the problem has not persisted but now the display driver is crashing on the video card.

I am performing a clean install of the latest evga driver now for the card.

4. Apathy

Apathy Gawd

Ok, looks like it's the gpu. I'm getting this nvlddmkm error 4300 times in the last hour.

5. Apathy

Apathy Gawd

Driver crashed with the same error within 5 seconds of unigine heaven. Well seems like I found my culprit. Now what.

6. jcvjcvjcvjcv

jcvjcvjcvjcv Gawd

7. Apathy

Apathy Gawd

Received DP cable. Tried everything. Ended up RMA'ing the video card. Started a thread in video card section of [H]. WIll update when the new card gets here.