Help! Refresh rate not supported - Dell U3011 and 980ti

Apathy

Gawd
So windows boots up fine. It was stable for 12 hours doing regular stuff. I played day z standalone for 4 hours with no issues. Today I try playing ARK / World of Tanks / Battlefield Bad Company 2, and after a few minutes, the monitor goes into standby and says "The refresh rate is not supported by your monitor" and I can't do anything but restart. I try alt tabbing and alt f4 to close the game but nothing happens.

Im running a "high speed" hdmi cable until my display port cable arrives.

specs:
i7 6700k
evga 980ti
16gb ram
dell u3011
850watt psu

Any ideas?

what resolution and refresh do you have on that hdmi connection?

The resolution was 1920x1200 and the refresh rate was set to 59 with the option to set to 60 but it wouldn't save when I selected 60hz.

I have since switched the hdmi cable for an hdmi to dvi and the problem has not persisted but now the display driver is crashing on the video card.

I am performing a clean install of the latest evga driver now for the card.

Ok, looks like it's the gpu. I'm getting this nvlddmkm error 4300 times in the last hour.

Driver crashed with the same error within 5 seconds of unigine heaven. Well seems like I found my culprit. Now what.

Received DP cable. Tried everything. Ended up RMA'ing the video card. Started a thread in video card section of [H]. WIll update when the new card gets here.

Back