Help, purchasing tonight! Best GPU waterblock for the money? For X800 Pro PCI-E

mikelz85

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm wondering which GPU waterblock I should buy for my x800pro VIVO PCI-E. Currently it does ~520 core and ~566 ram with stock cooling, no volt mods. However, I would like to add a waterblock to squeeze a little more out of it. My current loop only has a RBX, using a eheim 1250, no radiator (I have a lab chiller).

My budget is ~$50 max, though if a more expensive product offers significantly better performance, I would be open to it, though I'm not one to care about looks, I'm all about performance.

My problem is that there are a ton of different models, and I'm not sure which block offers the best performance, or how all of them compare to one another.

I'm looking to buy pretty soon, so any feedback is greatly appreciated.

what about a swiftech MCW50? The price of $30 shipped seems pretty good. Can anyone suggest anything else? The only problem I see with the MCW50 is that it only has 3/8" ID fittings (unless I can change them, is this possible?), and my loop is 1/2" ID, so I'd have to use a 1/2"-3/8" converter. Not sure what that will do to my flow, if anything, as the block appears to be pretty flow friendly from the review I read, and I have a eheim 1250, which isn't very taxed now.

how good is the MCW50? I can't believe the polar flo block will be worth the extra money (won't it be $20-$30? +shipping) over the MCW50, which looks to perform as well as the dangerden maze 4 gpu block, all at a price of ~$30 shipped.

I believe Swiftech is releasing a new GPU waterblock this week...can you wait until tomorrow?

If you gotta purchase tonight...Polorflo has a nice one...its universal

However, I got a good tip that swiftech might have a gpu block out tomorrow.
no promises though :)

I wonder what it will be? My main reason for liking the MCW50 is that the price is pretty low, and it sizes up well compared to more expensive blocks. I doubt I'll be able to get the new swiftech for $30.

new one will probably be 40-45...however, I thought I would share that...I honestly thought it would be out monday or today but swiftech released a different product today so now I am unsure. the mcw50 is a nice block though...and honestly, it is just as good for your card as the polarflo...you don't need anymore than that.

can I otherwise replace the fittings with barbs? Is it standard thread, or not?

They seem to be out of stock, who else might carry it?

I'd go with the DangerDen Maze4 GPU (acetal) over anything mentioned so far....

Got any proof?
I've always seen the Maze4 beat the MCW50.

Never seen reviews of the PolarFLO GPU block.

the review I saw was on overclockers.com

Any links to a review of the polar flo doing this destroying?

I've held off my purchase so far...

after reading infos about a new gpu block from swiftech, i decided to give em a call (too impatient to wait for email reply). after speaking with gabe, he confirmed that he will be recieving the new gpu monday (8*22*05) for final testing and it should be available 2- 2 1/2 weeks later.

hope this helps
v.vegaz

Back