Help - Problem with new SAMSUNG LED TV at 1080 Resolution

DualAmdMp

Limp Gawd
Hi, I just got a new Samsung 39" LED TV and having a problem with recommended resolution of 1080p. Model is: UN39EH5003

The problem is that when I set the resolution of 1920x1080 in computer, the pictures becomes inch or two bigger so it does not fit the screen. Its like you can't see the clock and start menu of the computer. Also, the pictures becomes too bright and not clear.

All other resolutions work right and look beautiful. I'm using it at 1680x1050 at the moment.

I have it connected to HDMI from a computer with ATI 6870. Same problem wile connected to a Laptop's HDMI port. Changed the HDMI cable and still have the same problem. I'm using 6feet cable.

This is my first flat screen TV so I don't know if its normal. I wish it was a 4k monitor:)

Make sure the Scaling Option on CCC is set to max and the TV is set to 1:1. It's under picture modes.

Change the scaling on your video card. What kind card is it?

I changed the scaling in the ATI propertys. Picture fits now but everything still looks bad. Its not supposed to be like that. Picture looks much better or all other resolutions. Its something with the setting of the TV or design. TV does it on purpose when set to 1080.

Desktop has a ATI HD 6870 1GB card with HDMI.
Laptop had Intel Integrated HD graphics. with HDMI.

IF the above fails, connect the HDMI to HDMI port labeled HDMI/DVI, go into setting and change the HDMI label to PC.

It's usually a major PITA to get 4:4:4 via HDMI>HDMI with a TV. Use a DVI>HDMI cable or adapter, make sure you are using the HDMI1/DVI port on the TV, and that should trigger 4:4:4 on it. You also need to label that input to either PC or DVI/PC or you will have to go through the TV menu and disable several things and make a hefty amount of adjustments. Using ClearType on Windows can also make your text look funky so either adjust ClearType or turn it off. Make sure any scaling is disabled in the ATi/AMD control panel and if you haven't renamed the HDMI1/DVI input to PC or DVI/PC, make sure you have selected Screen Fit under the size in the picture settings menu on the TV.

Your desktop should have no issue with running 4:4:4 on that set. I have the UN32EH5000 and am using a 6870 2Gb card. Your laptop is another issue though as it has an integrated Intel GPU and I don;t know how well those play with 4:4:4 on TVs.

As far as thwe picture being too bright goes, turn the backlight down in the TV menu.

Thank you guys to much!

I got it fixed. When you go to "Inputs" in TV menu, you will see "Edit Name". Set it to "PC" enter. That's it. no messing with anything else. Everything looks the way it should now:)

@Dual
just registered on this unknow forum to say:
THANK YOU!
your last post was totally helpful to me and that issue with my new Samsung EH5000

Thanks you so much!

Back