Help!!! potential for a deal going wrong, what should I do.

Catsonar

[H]ard|Gawd
Ok, i have never had a problem with the FS/FT forum in [H]. But a situation has risen with a seller that I have purchased from. This person was selling a motherboard, with CPU and heatsink, all for $155. Now, I had spoken to the seller about purchasing the item and paying via Money Order since my paypal service was acting weird. I said that I would make two payments:1) Money Order- $83 2) Money Order- $72, total= $155. I have sent both out and have evidence that I have. I have even had great communiction with the seller, via emails and over the phone. Today,( July 12 2004) I received an email from him saying that he has not received the money order's( oh, I sent the first out last Thursday, and the second one yesterday) and because he had not received them he was going to put the motherboard combo back in the FS/FT thread.

Is this right, personally one has to hae patience for a money order to come, plus he had agreed that sending via money order would be fine, so he should understand the time it takes for them to get there. This is not right and I am very concerned about the arising situation and would like as much advice possible on what to do, plz help a [H] in any way possible. What should I do. Thank you for you time and your advice.

PS: I have his heatware and its all positive, also I would like to add that I did ask him if he was in a hurry of selling this or not, he claim no. my question now is why is he in a hurry to sell the mobo that i have sent out money for. That is wrong, plz help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

First a link to the thread, and seeing you proved you sent out the MO's already the combo is yours upon arrival of the money. He should be patient and wait for the snail mail to arrive. Your in the right for complaining. If he wants to back out of the deal, he should refund your money + the cost of the money orders + the cost of shipping them to him. I believe you'll find most to agree.

The seller has a right to line up buyers until he receives the money. Each do it in there own way. Normally, I would post that those items are sold -- pending the receipt of money.

As the buyer, you can post in the original thread something like... "M.O. sent Thursday for the purchase of x, y, and z. Let me know when it arrives." That would minimize the chance of the seller being able to solicite another serious offer on the stuff in a very nice way.

Back