HELP plz :(

SiDiuS

Weaksauce
I turned on my computer today and right away i noticed that nothing loaded in the quick launch bar. Then I noticed no programs are opening. It lets me look through all of my files ect but nothing opens, I can't even do a system restore. It acts like its going to open then it doesn't. None of the "run" commands work either. It's doing the same thing in safe mode. someone plz help! i have windows xp sp2 installed.

edit* okay after looking up some of the process on my computer I've found the following...
alg.exe
lsass.exe
csrss.exe
r_server.exe
smss.exe
nvsvc32.exe
firedaemon.exe

Okay so my next question is this.....if i cant get into my registry to delete this stuff...and i cant open my antivirus programs or anything...how do i get this out w/out doing a reformat????

SiDiuS said:
I turned on my computer today and right away i noticed that nothing loaded in the quick launch bar. Then I noticed no programs are opening. It lets me look through all of my files ect but nothing opens, I can't even do a system restore. It acts like its going to open then it doesn't. None of the "run" commands work either. It's doing the same thing in safe mode. someone plz help! i have windows xp sp2 installed.

edit* okay after looking up some of the process on my computer I've found the following...
alg.exe
lsass.exe
csrss.exe
r_server.exe
smss.exe
nvsvc32.exe
firedaemon.exe

Okay so my next question is this.....if i cant get into my registry to delete this stuff...and i cant open my antivirus programs or anything...how do i get this out w/out doing a reformat????
All of those processes are normal http://www.liutilities.com/products/wintaskspro/processlibrary/

it sounds familliar. there was a virus or spyware that did that. if it is the same thing you can copy and then rename regedit.exe to regedit.com and it will run.

Also, check registry for the Run and the RunOnce forlders and delete the keys + values that you think are not supposed to be there.

Back