Help please..can't install NFSMW

joemama

[H]F Junkie
I recently overhauled my gaming rig with a Asus A8N-SLI deluxe, Opteron 148 and a 7900GT...everything works great except for the fact that I cannot get NFSMW to get past the first install disk. It stops @26% and asks for disk 2 and then when I pop it in it won't go any further. No...I don't have Underground2 installed and I know of that issue. Things I have tried:

1. Swapping drives...tried both a Toshiba dvd rom and a Lite-on DVD-RW with latest firmware
2. Swapping the drive channels from ide 1 to ide 2
3. Disabling DMA and using PIO

The cd looks perfect...no scratches whatsoever. The sata drive was new and freshly formatted and all my other games including Oblivion, AOE3, Quake4, Far Cry etc...installed just fine. I am going nuts here. :(

Try installing to a different location and be a little more patient, if its installing one of those movies, then it will take a while

Do you have any "virtual drive", "iso", "cd-emulation" etc. software installed? I have heard of NFSMW's SafeDisc 4 screwing up when you have it present.

GoldenTiger said:
Do you have any "virtual drive", "iso", "cd-emulation" etc. software installed? I have heard of NFSMW's SafeDisc 4 screwing up when you have it present.
No, I haven't even had time to fill my drive with a bunch of crap...NFSMW was the first game I tried to install. I've installed the game twice before and I never remember it stalling on cd2. :confused:

edit- I haven't even installed my dvd playback software yet

ComputerBox34 said:
Try installing to a different location and be a little more patient, if its installing one of those movies, then it will take a while
Theres no drive activity whatsoever...once I actually went to the kitchen for a sandwich, came back about 5 minutes later to nothing. :(

ComputerBox34 said:
Have these CD's worked for you before?
Yeah, this will be my 3rd time to install the thing. (If I ever get it to work) Could the ide channels on my A8N-SLI be partially hosed?

Back