Help picking a phone for the wife (Sprint)

benutne

[H]ard|Gawd
OK. Sprint only please. Here is a list of her requirements:

1) Full QWERTY keyboard. The nicer the better. She was underwhelmed by the Pixi and Pre keyboards (also screens which brings me to 2)

2) Nice large screen. She would prefer a touchscreen, but that isn't a requirement. Just something larger than most and easy to look at. She didn't like the Pixi or Pre screens because they were too small. Also didn't like the LG Rumor screens.

3) Ability to check and post to Twitter and Facebook. This should really go with number 1 since beside phone calls (duh) this is what she uses her phone for and on screen virtual keyboards piss her off.

At Best Buy the other day there were two phones that she really liked. The Samsung Moment and the LG Lotus. The Moment seems like overkill for her, she'd NEVER get the most out of Android, and the Lotus seems way too expensive for a feature phone. Used is OK but I prefer new since our contract is about to come up (need to stay with Sprint though since we have other lines on this contract too). I'm open to suggestions and I think we might take a trip to the new Sprint store that opened up around the corner to see what else is available.

Thanks in advance.

Edit. We looked at the Louts Elite, not Lotus. $99 difference.

Last edited:
Well that sucks. i'm not against getting her whatever she wants, I just wanna make sure she likes it. She hates the HTC Touch she has now.

What about something like the Incognito? Pretty surprised she didn't like the Pre though, I went from an iPhone to a Pre with no issue with the screen size.

That being said, from what you were saying, i'd vote for the Incognito or the Moment if the pre is out of the question.

I think she might like the Pre if she used it a little more but she is used to a physically larger screen and she really didn't like the small keys on it. We saw the Incognito but it got put back down right quick by her because it looked "cheap". Might be worth a second look. I'll get her to play with the Moment some more too. I'd like her to get the Hero since it can be found pretty cheap when on sale but the Touch she has now has really turned her off virtual keyboards.

Well, my girlfriend got a Pre but changed out to a Pixi, now she wishes she had the Pre back. I had the Pre and went to the Hero, and I kind of waver between the two as to what I prefer. I will say this though, it DOES take about 2-3 days to get used to the keyboard on it, but it feel natural once you do.

I switched my wife to Sprint over xmas. I thought BB 8300 just because she hated my diamond i had so much. I showed her the Moment, which she loved since its like my g1 i use currently. She loves it. Hell she used to give me crap because i was on my phone all the time, and now she is. I got her work email on there which is all she wanted. I would defiantly go look at that. Its a little bigger phone but she keep it in her purse so it doesn't matter to her.

Back