HELP! OS died ...

SirKronan

Supreme [H]ardness
I was chugging along using my computer, and everything was working great. Then, earlier today it just started running slower than molasses. It was just taking forever to load ANYTHING. Finally it wouldn't even restart. Said windows/system files were corrupt and i needed to do a repair install from the disk. That didn't work. System restore wouldn't work either, even though I know there are several restore points.

I tried to reinstall the OS, and that didn't work either. So, with a new hard drive, I'm reinstalling Vista again.

My question is:
How can I get my Emails from the older install of Office 2007 (Outlook)?? Is there any way to do that? I have all my contacts and appointments backed up on my PDA but I get far too many emails to want to sync all of those to it.

Is there any way to get those emails onto a new install of Office '07, even if I didn't export them to a PST file in advance?

Once you have installed Windows + office, you can copy over the Outlook.pst file.
You will need to manually add your email account details and you will need to reconfigure the default contacts list.

Well, they'd be stored at
C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\profilename.pst

On the old drive. Is that what you're asking?

Once you have installed Windows + office, you can copy over the Outlook.pst file.

Where can I find that file on my old hard drive? Is it in the Office program directory or in the personal/local directories? Thanks for the response BTW.

Mines in
C:\Documents and Settings\%user%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook

Use search if you get stuck.

BLESS YOU ALL!!

It worked. I'm back in business again.

But tomorrow, I'm picking up a copy of ACRONIS. For a supposedly "smart" geek I sure am stupid sometimes.

Back