Help on best way to connect an ethernet cable to a television from a desktop

DeadByDawn

Limp Gawd
Hi all,
I have a media pc using a wireless connection.
It is a full desktop atx case and I put a witeless pci card int there.
This has worked successfully for a long time.

I now have a samsung tv that needs a hard wired internet connection.
I dont want to pay samsung a ridiculous amount of money for their wireless to wired adapter.

I was thinking i can run a crossver cable from my PC to my TV. The built in NIC card is not being used since i am using a wireless card anyways.

I am running windows 7 32 bit on the desktop.

What is the best way to set this up?

Thx in advance

Last edited:
Hi all,
I have a media pc using a wireless connection.
It is a full desktop atx case and I put a witeless pci card int there.
This has worked successfully for a long time.

I now have a samsung tv that needs a hard wired internet connection.
I dont want to pay samsung a ridiculous amount of money for their wireless to wired adapter.

I was thinking i can run a crossver cable from my PC to my TV. The built in NIC card is not being used since i am using a wireless card anyways.

I am running windows 7 32 bit on the desktop.

What is the best way to set this up?

Thx in advance

Seems like you already have it figured out. You will just have to assign the network manually.

Yep, sounds like you're on the right track. Then its just a simple matter of going through the internet connection sharing wizard.

IMO I would avoid ICS like the plague

I would just take this time to run ethernet cable(s) from wherever your router is to the room with the TV, then both your TV and PC could be wired.

If that is out of the question, there are plenty of wired to wireless adapters out there since the need for them has risen due to xbox, wii, ps3, user demand.

Search newegg for a wireless access point, they can be had for $25. Log into it, connect it to your wireless network, plug your TV into it, done.

Back