[Help] Need advice for 775 Cooler (silent)

BlueRacer

Gawd
Im building my brother a new computer and his main concern is having a silent computer. Im stuck between these two coolers:

1. Spire SP512S7

or

2. Cooler Master RR-LCH-P9E1

Both of thier dba are rated low but one is 10 and the other is 30. Price isnt that big of a deal but if I can save some money thatd be awesome. If anyone has had any experience with either of them thatd be great. The quieter the better! Thanks.

I have a P4 540 3.2ghz and am currently using this cooler:
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1482306&CatId=1588

So far I pushed my CPU to 3.7 on full load of approx 50c +/-. Idle temps run from 32c-38c depending on running processes in background.
From others advice I haven't tried to push the limit on this cooler although my 3dmark05 score went up quite a bit pushing the oc'ing of the cpu and bus.

My sig shows what my score was "stock" with my x1900xt and after adjusting settings was able to get it to 8309 afterwards.

I currently keep it oc'd at 3.5 with no problems keeping @ around 45c-46c. Oblivion/HL2/FEAR/Quake4 all run fine with no artifacting that I can tell.

Back